• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Finger Tricks Discussion and Help

WCA
2018JARV02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Chris Olsen (cyotheking) has a pretty in depth tutorial on the subject if you want to check that out.

However, I personally think that the best way to learn finger tricks is to just play around and figure them out for yourself. It's not as hard as it sounds and it will make you a lot better, and more knowledgeable in the future.

There is a short alg that I found out a few days ago. Same orientation when executing it. L' U' L d r U R' U' M. For the alg you are talking about i would use my thumb.

CraZZ CFOP

WCA
2018HUGE02
As a zzer, I have to do F and B moves a lot with different grips, so I got used to using F' and F with right thumb on top. It's convenient if you get used to it, but it might be weird. x' -ing 45 degrees and doing a D' could work.

There's a Sunday coll that I need help finger tricking. R U R' U R U' R D R' U' R D' R2. The end part causes a weird regrip.

Thank you

nz0543

I've been watching JPerm's videos on how to finger trick. He said that you should try to reduce regrips in algs. But in his PLL video, he did 2 regrips on his Jb perm. So my question is, is it better to do the jb perm by keeping your hands on the front of the cube and doing F' with your right thumb or should you regrip and do F' with your left index finger?

Hazel

Premium Member
I find that doing the F' with my left index is smoother that using my right thumb. If you start the alg with your right thumb on the bottom and your other right fingers (minus pinky) on the top, you shouldn't need to regrip until after the R U R' U' in the alg

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
How does everybody do the two gen headlight chameleon alg? I used to use a multiple regrip one, which flowed nevertheless, as the regrips were in between U2’s, but I’m thinking, can I just do the regripless on I discovered, which is
Move hand down (actually a grip) for R
Do R, then U2 with left hand, R2 all the way down, no regrip, and the rest?

WCA
2019HENK01
How does everybody do the two gen headlight chameleon alg? I used to use a multiple regrip one, which flowed nevertheless, as the regrips were in between U2’s, but I’m thinking, can I just do the regripless on I discovered, which is
Move hand down (actually a grip) for R
Do R, then U2 with left hand, R2 all the way down, no regrip, and the rest?

I have no idea what the chameleon alg is, could you provide a particular alg?

So, I don't know if there is a thread to universally share new fingertricks for TH or OH so I'm making a new thread. You can also discuss and ask fingertricks here.

How do you finger trick S moves and E moves?, I tried to fingertrick them but I always get it wrong.

Last edited:

brododragon

So, I don't know if there is a thread to universally share new fingertricks for TH or OH so I'm making a new thread. You can also discuss and ask fingertricks here.

How do you finger trick S moves and E moves?, I tried to fingertrick them but I always get it wrong.
Watch top BLDers. For S, I'll use my pointer to push down, for E, I'll rotate the cube at 45 and use my middle finger.

Last edited: