• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Finger Tricks Discussion and Help

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How to fingertrick this 2x2 PBL alg: R U' R F2 R' U R' ?

Or is there a better one for that case?
I do something like R U' R x' D2' x R' U R' and it's awfully slow.

Killbox

How do I do F' R,R',L and L' moves?There the only ones I have problems with,though L and L' are used negligibly.

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
so I should get my very old unlubed rubik's cube and finger trick it? So that I appreciate the speedcube more and use it better? Ok I'll do that.
Bad idea IMO

Since you can't do many of the fingertricks with a stiff rubiks brand cube because it takes so much force to turn it... You'll just teach yourself inefficient turning/fingertricks that way...

CarlThaBeast

Improve my finger technique speed

Hi cubers! Do you have any tips on how to turn the sides faster (Improve the finger technique)?:eek::rolleyes:

Uh, it's just muscle memory and practicing so you can do it real quick. If its finger tricks, here it is

U-Pointer finger (index finger same thing)
U'-Left pointer finger
R-Middle and ring finger and pointer
L- Same thing with R just with your left hand
D-Ring fingers same for D'
M-Ring finger on left hand or right
F-Pointer finger
F'- Thumb
B- Just do an an x rotation and D lol
If I missed anything some others can catch that :p

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
Uh, it's just muscle memory and practicing so you can do it real quick. If its finger tricks, here it is

U'-Left pointer finger
F-Pointer finger
F'- Thumb

I do B and B' with my ring finger, it is pretty fast.

To OP: Make sure you have a cube that is easy to turn. That can make you faster.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel

U'-Left pointer finger
F-Pointer finger
F'- Thumb

What about U2 and M2?
U2 do index followed by third finger and for M2 do 4th followed by 5th (well there's some debate about M2 but guroux uses that and he's pretty good at LSE)

If you want OH fingertricks,look up asmallkitten's YouTube video.

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently found this J perm (R' U L' U2 R U' R' U2 R L), and - being aware it's a standard alg - I really only want to use it for one specific AUF case and use my FRU one for the rest.

I can perform the last R L as one move which works pretty well and basically makes it a 9 move alg. But I have a major regrip before the first U2 and absolutely don't know how to fix that. Any tips?

Xxcookid123xX

Hi, I recently got a Mofang Jiaoshi MF3RS Cubing Classroom 3x3. It's really good, I've only had a Rubik's brand for the few weeks I've gotten into cubing videos and cubes themselves. But even with this awesome and cheap cube (really good for $3.65, has tension adjustments under the middle caps) I have no idea how to do B and B' without turning the cube around. I always have to do it the way I do it with R and R'. Any tips?

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, I recently got a Mofang Jiaoshi MF3RS Cubing Classroom 3x3. It's really good, I've only had a Rubik's brand for the few weeks I've gotten into cubing videos and cubes themselves. But even with this awesome and cheap cube (really good for $3.65, has tension adjustments under the middle caps) I have no idea how to do B and B' without turning the cube around. I always have to do it the way I do it with R and R'. Any tips?
Hold the cube with each hand on the left and right layers with your fingertips on top and your thumbs on bottom. Then use your ring finger to do B moves. Or hold the cube with your fingertips on bottom and use index fingers.
That's how I do it depending on how I'm already holding it.
Hope this helps

Xxcookid123xX

Hold the cube with each hand on the left and right layers with your fingertips on top and your thumbs on bottom. Then use your ring finger to do B moves. Or hold the cube with your fingertips on bottom and use index fingers.
That's how I do it depending on how I'm already holding it.
Hope this helps
I can see how the B works by holding the middle layer with the middle finger and easily finger tricking B moves with the index, but I have no idea how you do anything else, it seems so unstable. This is how I hold my cube normally:
Sorry about the person in the background, I was watching jacksepticeye and my headphones were on too loud.

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

You're asking the wrong question. Out of the 200 or so algorithms I know, like 2 or 3 total need B moves. You need different algorithms.

Unless of course you're asking about for scrambling