• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

finger tricks- how?

what finger do you use to turn F(or F')?

• 3rd finger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • grip and turn by using 1st & 2nd finger

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
hello, I just wanted to know what finger everybody uses when turning F and B. I have a hard time trying to turn them, and I end up just turning them with my hand. I would also like to know how to grab the cubes in various algorithms.

kubesolver

Premium Member
It really depends on the grip in current situation.
e.g. doing R F R' from home grip I will use right ring finger push for F (making it effectively indistinguishable from Lw D Lw')

It depends on the situation. I recommend watching a variety of sources by people with a reputation for fast algorithm execution such as Brian Sun and, of course, Alex Davidson. Also, check out how they fingertrick in solves by playing the video very s l o w l y. Make sure you not only watch the videos but learn from them, grasp the fundamentals so you can figure it out intuitively. Experiment as much as you can.