• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

FIFA world cup 2010 South Africa Thread

Yes We Can!

WCA
2009DIEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi!
Only 8 days left until soccer world cup 2010 starts!

The first game will be South Africa - Mexico on June 11th.

In this thread you can discuss the games, players etc. You could also write which team you are supporting :)

Have fun!

PS: I can't wait :p

CanadianPires

My group predictions. (winner, runner up)

Group A: France, Mexico
Group B: Argentina, Nigeria
Group C: England, USA
Group D: Germany, Ghana
Group E: Netherlands, Japan
Group F: Italy, Paraguay
Group G: Portugal. Brazil
Group H: Spain, Chile

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well... I'm supporting New Zealand first, Holland second, Brazil third.

I'm not being patriotic; I was bought up playing soccer and I love the sport and it's good to see it becoming big over here. This is a really good opportunity for some of our boys to get into big clubs. Some of them certainly deserve to get noticed.

Why Holland? I don't know, they were the team that I supported in the first World Cup I watched and I've stuck with them ever since.

Why Brazil? Because they are the most exciting team to watch and deserve to win.

This competition is pretty open at the moment, although I'm going to say now that Brazil are sure finalists.

It's going to be great :D . Unfortunately, games happen during the night here >.< . If I wanted to watch live I'd have to be up from 1am-10am every day and sleep after >.<

Litz

Go go Portugal! We're really bad this year though so I'm not expecting anything... Spain/Italy/France aren't that good too but we'll see... I'd bet on Brazil probably.

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lol we have got the USA first match
should be a walk over hahahahaha

Actually, I think the USA has a decent chance if the player's claims about the new ball are true. According to quite a few reports made by various players, this year's ball moves unnaturally through the air which makes it significantly harder for goalies to predict where it'll end up. (Although, you really have to take what they say with a grain of salt because the balls are criticized every year. They're not necessarily worse, just a bit different.)

We'll see.. I still think I'm rooting for England though. ;D