• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Fewest moves section

malcolm

We have a OH and BLD and speedsolving in general, but no FM. Currently most of the FM discussion goes on in the FM how to topic, so why no FM section?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I've had this suggestion a couple of times, and have also had some people tell me not to. I'm not sure if there would be enough activity. Most of the discussion goes on in the FM Yahoo group right now.

Do you think we could get at least 10-15 active people in the forum itself? I am willing to create it if we can get enough interest.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
It is totally up to you members. I personally am not too involved with FM, and haven't been active in any FM community. However, as I said, if enough people are interested, I will create it.

If you read this message and are interested in a FM forum here, please reply to this post.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
We also need a big cubes forum, a rare puzzles forum, and a forum on discussions about the nature of cubing. And a "Hauduyududis forum."

(That reads: FMC is a bit too specific to need its own forum.)

I like FMC (though I haven't started the whole "try forever with insertions and whatnot" type of FMC), but not enough to warrant a forum. Is there another way to do this? Are people allergic to subforums?

Then again, it could be a feature of this particular forum... (we're stsarting to have too many forums, really...)
Maybe an "FMC, pretty patterns, alg-findin', and efficient solving forum"?

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lucas, you don't "try forever with insertions". You write down your basic solution that leaves you with (for example) three wrong corners. Then you put stickers on those corners so they are easy to recognize. Finally you solve the cube, redo the scramble and redo your basic solution 1 move at a time. If at any time you find a way to solve those last pieces in very few moves (8 would be your aim) you make a not of it. There will probably be several places in your solve where you can do it in very few moves and hopefully one cancels with some of the moves before and after.

The best I did so far with insertions was 3 moves for the whole last layer and 9 moves for 6 edges (orienting 2, permuting all 6)