• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Few questions About Blindfold solving

Tweker

1) I average 45sec with Friedrich with 4-look last layer. Can I start BLD or I should wait till I improve?

2) A while ago, I looked at it, and pochman seem to be the method most peopl suggest for beginer, is it still the case? If not, what would you guys suggest?

3) I'd like to take a look at number memo technic, I didnt come across any tutorial, anyone has a link for it?

4) I'm scared I cant memorise :S is this something anyone can do if you put time into it or some people just can't get the memo part? ( I know I suck at memo, since I'm good in maths, thats why I want number memo method, maybe that will help me lol)

byu

WCA
2009YUBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
1) You can average whatever you want before BLD.

2) Use old pochmann, solvethecube.110mb.com has some good tutorials for it.

3) Just assign each piece a number and remember it that way.

4) Practice. Anyone can solve the cube blindfolded if they try.

Tweker

1) You can average whatever you want before BLD.

2) Use old pochmann, solvethecube.110mb.com has some good tutorials for it.

3) Just assign each piece a number and remember it that way.

4) Practice. Anyone can solve the cube blindfolded if they try.

thanks for your answers, but #3 doesnt answer all I need to know... lets take the yellow/orange/blue corner, that doesnt take in count how it is placed... all I know is that the corner is there, not what sticker is facing up... does that mean I need to use a number for each ''orientation'' ( I dont know if we can call this orientation) or there is something else?

byu

WCA
2009YUBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not really, assign each sticker a separate number, you can repeat numbers for corners and edges, so you should have 24 numbers for corners and 24 for edges. Then assign it that way.

Sir E Brum

WCA
2010HANN01
You should actually use a number system for corners and an alphabet system for edges or vice-versa. I find it easier to keep them separated that way.

4. To practice before you try a full solve do this: solve all the corners and then do BLD edges; solve all the edges and do BLD corners. It should build up your confidence.

Tweker

Not really, assign each sticker a separate number, you can repeat numbers for corners and edges, so you should have 24 numbers for corners and 24 for edges. Then assign it that way.

From what I saw so far , I'd only need 16 numbers for corners since if I remember them clockwise, I figure out the third stickers

thanks for your answers

p.s. Sir_E_brum I actualy took a piece of paper and try to solve your avatar >_< should of seen faster its not possible lol

Rubixcubematt

YouTube
Visit Channel
use 3-cycle, it is easier to convert to freestyle if u wanna get really fast.

and how is it easier to convert from 3OP? I would think it would be better to start from a method that utilizes sticker memo...

easier to understand how the 3-cycles work, and also having the knowledge of setting up to parity, whereas in old pochmann, parity requires no set-up moves. Also you know some useful 3-cycle algs. Plus letter/visual memo isn't that hard to use once you have gotten used to it, it will b slower at first, but you will get faster (kinda like switchin from lbl to F2L)