• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Feliks Zemdegs 18 consecutive Sub 7 3x3 solves

Chris Choi

WCA
2016CHOI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, the only reason those cubers began over taking him in competitions is because he Australian, right? So Australia doesn't have nearly as much competitions than the United States, so those cubers are exposed to more solves, so therefore more luckier solves. That may just be part of the reason, but I think that is one reason.

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, the only reason those cubers began over taking him in competitions is because he Australian, right? So Australia doesn't have nearly as much competitions than the United States, so those cubers are exposed to more solves, so therefore more luckier solves. That may just be part of the reason, but I think that is one reason.

Cannot agree more.

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03

I disagree.
Feliks Zemdegs, 165 solves in 10 competitions in 2015.
Lucas Etter, 110 solves in 7 competitions in 2015.

Yes Australia does have fewer competitions, but Feliks travels to competitions quite regularly.

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I disagree.
Feliks Zemdegs, 165 solves in 10 competitions in 2015.
Lucas Etter, 110 solves in 7 competitions in 2015.

Yes Australia does have fewer competitions, but Feliks travels to competitions quite regularly.

Your reasoning doesn't make any sense. There are 2 fast cubers in Australia and over 10 in US. Australia host like one competition per 2 months and US host 3 competitions every week. Who do you think has greater chance for getting lucky and getting a WR time?

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
Your reasoning doesn't make any sense. There are 2 fast cubers in Australia and over 10 in US. Australia host like one competition per 2 months and US host 3 competitions every week. Who do you think has greater chance for getting lucky and getting a WR time?

The number of competitions in US vs Australia is irrelevant because no US cuber goes to every US competition, and Feliks goes to several competitions outside of Australia. What matters is how many comps per year the average fast (as in capable of sub-8 average) cuber goes to, and I don't think that the 10 competitions that Feliks went to in 2015 is that few.

Here's how many comps the fastest US cubers attended.
Lucas Etter: 7
Keaton Ellis: 12
Collin Burns: 12
Kevin Costello III: 6
Drew Brads: 5

Compared to the fastest Australian Cubers:
Feliks Zemdegs: 10
Jayden McNeill: 10