• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Fangshi ShuangRen Illusion tension problems

Thread starter #1
My Fangshi Illusion finally came in the mail to finish Fangshi Collection. However, I like my cubes really really really loose. So this causes some problem with the Illusion. Since the center caps are recessed into the center pieces, I can't have the tensions super loose like I like them. If they are too loose, the screw is up too high and causes the center cap not go in all the way.

So my question is, does anyone know how to get around this? Are there any spring/screw sets that are a bit shorter than normal Fangshi ones that'll allow me to have loose tensions and not the center cap issue? I did look at some Dayan 50mm springs/screws on the The Cubicle but I'm not sure those would work the best with a Fangshi. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Lchu01
I think this is a pretty common problem. Using Zhanchi springs would probably not help much, as Zhanchi springs are stiffer and would make your cube tighter.
I just loosened it right up till where the screws were hitting the caps.
Maybe if you could find properly sized screws that were flat-headed it might work, but it's hard to say.

Thread starter #3
Do you know of any way to get the measurements of Fangshi screws? Flat headed ones might help a little bit.