• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

F2LL cubers

Berkmann18

WCA
2014BERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I post this thread because I wondered if there was speedcubers using F2LL methods, because in my opinion F2LL methods such as VH and [intuitive] ZB deserve a lot more attention. I don't think that everyone should use CFOP. I heard quite a lot people saying "the WR holders use CFOP so you should use it" and similar things, but I feel that this isn't good because it restrict cubers and new speedcubers to learn CFOP without choosing the right method for them. So at some point it will leave aside any speedcubers/cubers who use other method excepted LbL and Advanced LbL, so at the end if someone who use per example Waterman need help to get faster. He won't be able to find enough ressources to get faster with this method and who will at the end leave this method for one that has been experienced quite far. I'm not critizing CFOP and saying it's bad to learn it but I don't like that people automatically suggest CFOP to anyone getting over the Advanced LbL and even LbL itself, so in my opinion, anyone should try to be exceptionnal in way that they learn a method that can suit their style without having to do the same thing that anyone does.
To go back to the F2LL methods, I personnaly know VH, WV (a part of it), ZB (90% intuitevely for the LS and ~12% for the LL), CLS (a small part + 40% intuitive) and some RLS cases as well as some Magic Wondeful cases. I would like to know what you're using and why.

off-topic: every or almost every method has a main step but most cubers tend to focus on that main step and ignore the rest of the method to do things like: using this step as a trick for CFOP or whatever; which is massively the case of Keyhole which consist of 3 steps (FL-1 corner->F2L using the keyhole->LL) but the only one considered is the F2L part while the LL part can be useful to F2LL cubers using MGLS and WV

PBCubing

I agree with you but i think that CFOP is a good and fast method.It is not of everybody but many people do not know about other methods like Roux and ZZ.

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I use tons of stuff, but nothing fully. I know full WV, but I only use a few cases. I also know full VHLS, but again only use a few. I know about a third of RLS and use most of them. Other than that it's just a few ZBLS and CLS cases I've picked up. I find it's best to look for the better cases in an algorithm set, taking into account recognition and execution, and it's a lot more fun that just doing the same thing every solve.

Last edited by a moderator:

Petro Leum

WCA
2012KALH01
i know full WV, but it honestly isnt worth it for ZZ. is just use the easiest cases.

i use some CLS that i learned intuitively.

so all i do is just some "tricks", its no part of my method as such

BUT im learning the whole set of ZZLL to eventually be able to do phasing + ZZLL for my last layer

mDiPalma

yeah WV is certainly not worth it for Petrus or ZZ (and even less valuable for CFOP)

once you know a certain amount of COLL, ZZLL, and other 1LLL cases, [RU] WV will actually cost you moves on average, because you are forcing yourself into a long PLL that is 10 moves longer than the commutator that would have otherwise solved the cube (had you not applied the WV case)

lorki3

WCA
2009ENGE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think using easy cases from alg sets is good, like mentioned above.

I know easy wv, attempted some cls but havent incorporated that into my solves yet. If you just need an extra U to skip OLL and the recognition is easy, I will take that! :D