• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

F2L - Intuitive or alg based?

Thread starter #1
F2L - Intuitive or alg based?
So I'm sorta kinda not really learning F2L at the moment but I do it intuitively. By this I mean I use sexy and unsexy to orient a corner to pair it with an edge and insert the pair. That's my F2L.
I want to get faster and my friend says it's meant to be intuitive. But I have seen algs for F2L? I am wondering if I should try and learn a billion algs or see if I can somehow figure out how to do it intuitively without just sexy for every case.

Algs or intuition?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am the opposite of a good cuber as I use beginners F2L and still haven't transitioned. I average 16-17 with beginner F2L lol. I think that intuitive with lots of practice can be very good though. My current PB without good F2L is 8.47 and with good F2L is 9.7x

Thread starter #4
8.47 seconds?!!
I average 45 sec lol

Ty for the the vid, I will get around to watching it soon enough. I guess. I hate learning stuff but I do really want to improve.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
Ty for the the vid, I will get around to watching it soon enough. I guess. I hate learning stuff but I do really want to improve.
I think you'd like learning - many get caught up in getting better and learning as it is fulfilling and fun. Don't think you hate learning - be optimistic. Learn, improve, and enjoy the ride!

Thread starter #13
yeah ok thanks for that everyone!! i will try and watch that vid and improve my f2l over the coming weeks/ months