• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

F2L cases with corner in wrong slot

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
I have this habit during F2L...

Whenever I find a corner in the wrong slot I will often start solving the CE pair "in" that slot and then move the joined pair to the correct slot. Especially the cases where the corner is oriented properly and I just need to "insert" the edge above it.

Offcourse I am not actually placing the joined pair in the wrong slot as during the joining step it always moves to the U layer anyway.

Are there more people doing this or do you always bring up the corner first?

jiggy

My thought process is a little bit complicated and by now quite intuitive for these cases. I'll try and explain how I approach them though!

If the corner is:

a) In an adjacent slot to it's 'home' (not a term I usually use, I just can't think of a better one!) and the case does not require a cube rotation to solve. [see below]
b) In the correct or diagonally opposite slot, but requires a cube rotation to solve.
visualcube.php

I would often snap it up with a (U) R U' R'.

If the corner is:

a) In it's correct slot and the case does not require a cube rotation.

I would either solve with R2 [U' R U] R2 (or rotation of) if the back slot is open, or an one of several algs otherwise. (See this thread I started on the subject a while back).

Other cases I typically tend to ignore and/or try and push out while solving other cases. Hope this helped! =)

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
none of those cases require a rotation to solve. Instead of doing a y/y' and doing a R U' R insert, just use r U R' U' M for the front right slot and r' U' R U M' for the back right (mirror for left if you want)