• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ernő Rubik's birthday!

immortalcube

In case nobody else noticed, yesterday was Ernő Rubik's birthday. My mom said they had a special about the Rubik's cube on yesterday's morning news. I looked at the site for that program, and they didn't have any clips of it :( Anyway, happy birthday to Mr. Rubik!

pcharles93

WCA
2008HUYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's probably what the news workers refer to it as. But somehow, poker gets its own slot on ESPN. I don't know why I say this but I'd rather watch young talented cubers and veterans of cubing at a competition than a bunch of people sitting around a table throwing away thousands.

Hadley4000

WCA
2008SHEF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's probably what the news workers refer to it as. But somehow, poker gets its own slot on ESPN. I don't know why I say this but I'd rather watch young talented cubers and veterans of cubing at a competition than a bunch of people sitting around a table throwing away thousands.

Oh, that's nothing. What about the freaking spelling bees?

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No no no, you al have it wrong. Scrabble is the worst. I mean, professional scrabble? Or, even better! Paper, scissors, rock! Apparently this happens, although I am yet to see it for myself.

immortalcube

lol, "interesting" is right. Given an appropriate amount of time, I can eat a lot of hotdogs, but doing it in that time frame is not something I enjoy watching.

ROOT

i dont think american football or baseball should be removed, but NASCAR definately should!!

i mean come on? it is a sport that is much harder tahn it looks, but still..... every race so much gas is wasted going in an oval!! And it is a pointless sport. They should just stop nascar and replace it with another sport, maybe cubing, maybe something else. but cubing should be more publicly recodnised

hawkmp4

I think that they should get rid of baseball and throw in some cubing events :D and add some soccer (or football whatever you call it). And they could also subtract some american football.
Excuse me?
Get rid of baseball?!
No no no, get rid of american football and get some REAL football, and some lacrosse too. Lacrosse being the only purely American sport.