• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Erik Akkersdijk 41.31 4x4x4 single and 49.03 average

N

nitrocan

You are getting scarily fast Erik :D
The 4x4 video doesn't work by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why do I like these video's so much?
And why did I expect Erik to use a sirtaki as background music? Starting "slow" and speeding up the entire time, plus some Greek "Hoppa's" would have been very fitting ;)

Did you know that:
* Erik got a phone-call asking if he was going to Brussel on thursday?
* Erik asked me for a ride not much later?
* Erik almost cancelled on Friday because he was sick?
* I was actually on time at Eriks place on friday night :D
* We were even on time in Brussel :eek:
* The only reason Erik did so well was because I took over his sickness :(
* That doesn't stop me from congratulating him anyway

Congratulations again Erik. You have raised/lowered the bar yet again by several seconds, several times, and you made it look so easy this time. I really don't dare to imagine what would happen if you
* Didn't have all those edge-pairing-parities on 5x5x5
* Didn't lock up during PLL at least twice on 5x5x5
* Would ever get a 4x4x4 average without (counting) parities
* l.a.s.t..l.a.y.e.r. skip................

I sense Dan's revenge.
Dan said he isn't planning on going to another competition this year. I know Erik will go to at least 3 more. There will be a fight for these WR's, but I guess it will be Japan, Poland or maybe The Netherlands (Erik or a surprise attack by "unknown" Marc van Beest). Taiwan and Hungary are all doing great as well.
Sigh...... It isn't even 2 years ago that Michael Fung did "the impossible" and got a sub 60 average (and a 51 single). Now we have a sub 50 average (and a 41 single) :eek:

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why so disappointed after the first 5x5x5 solve? It was still crazy fast! Well done Mr. Akkersidjk, you keep making those records harder for me to catch up to :p