• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

EO & EPLS + 1LL? | Solving full LL @ Cross with all edges oriented and permutated

Iquerno

Hi,

So basically the last weekend I've been working out some EO/EP Last Slot witchcraft, in short: solving the cross and possibly permutating all of its edges to be in their corresponding places during last slot of F2L. With that said, I've been wondering: Is there an algorithm set that would solve full LL from OLL Cross? (when you have cross solved with all edges permutated).

EO and EP steps are already done:
1571874008567.pngScreenshot_2019-10-23 Online Rubik's Cube Solver.png
As I said:
The LS algorithm would include solving EO and EP so you get a cross and all good edges.
Then you'd do an algorithm to do CO and CP and solve all of last layer and essentialy achieve 1LLL.

To get those algorithms you could just go through full ZBLL and select all cases with correct EP. Does anyone know how much algs that would be?
Or if someone knew an algorithm set somewhere that does exactly what I said, I would greatly appreciate that kind of help.

Besides that, my first idea on how you would start the solve in the first place would be to do normal CFOP cross and do all slots of F2L-1 and then do the EO & EPLS step, followed up by an algorithm to solve LL.

Thanks in advance for any help regarding this.

Sincerely,
A stranger with an internet connection.

RyanP12

WCA
2019PUSH02
I’m assuming that there is probably a 1LLL or ZBLL subset with edges solved already, as that is a possible case to get straight after Last Pair

xyzzy

You're looking for L4C (last four corners); some of the cases are really nice (e.g. most of the 3-cycles or the pure 2-twists), but the rest are kinda garbage and are among the worst ZBLL cases.

To my knowledge, there's no optimised alg set for L4C alone, but as you mentioned, you could just go through a ZBLL list and keep only the L4C cases. There are two L4C cases for each COLL, so that makes for 86 cases; one of them is a skip, so that's 85 algs in total.

I don't think this is worth pursuing for speedsolving because of recognition difficulty (you need to look at all the edges to determine the LS+edges case and unlike corner-based LSLL methods, you can't just go by adjacent/opposite and need to actually know your colour scheme completely), and it has just a tiny bit of utility in FMC (although you should use insertions to solve the corners instead of an LL alg most of the time).

Last edited:

Skewbed

WCA
2015LYON01
ZZLL is probably a better way to do EP, or phasing (close enough) in it's case. It's easy to do, but it did have more algorithms than L4C.

Iquerno

Tbh, if you want the most practical 2LLSLL for CFOP, do ZB (or Zipper). Solving any edges on purpose does nothing to help you really.
Oh look PapaSmurf's here on my first sort of about ZZ post. Cool, I guess.

So yeah, obviously ZB would be the best for this but my idea was some sort of in-between of 2LLL and ZB, since that requires a monstrous amount of algorithms and is generally just hard to recognize the cases and execute them.

The reason I posted this was that I wasn't sure if doing 1LLL after EO and EP would really be beneficial. Originally I doubted this since EO alone as in VHLS is kinda useless and just adding EP to that would increase the cases to more than a hundred + 1LLL afterward.

Iquerno

Update, like 5 seconds later:
Looking into LPELL and orienting edges somehow before that, maybe using ZZ in the first place, since there isn't really much of a better option to this.