• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Eindhoven Open 2012

Would you attend Eindhoven Open 2012 on 7-8 July?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hcfong

WCA
2011FONG02
Hello everybody,

It's back on again!

I'm planning on organising a competition in Eindhoven, The Netherlands on 15/16 September this year. I have already found and confirmed a suitable venue. The venue will be De Rondweg in Eindhoven, which is located within easy access of the main access roads into Eindhoven, as well as being easily accessible by public transport.

The competition will include the following events: 2x2 - 5x5, OH, 3BLD, Multi-BLD, Pyra, Sq-1, FMC, Clock, Magic/Master Magic

Last edited:

Zoé

WCA
2010MOFF02
Not entirely sure what I'll be doing this summer (I'm planning on traveling at least little bit though I'm not sure of anything yet :p), but if it's early July I should be there ^^

Mollerz

Swag Overlord
WCA
2011MOLL01
YouTube
CalciumIRL
Potentially might come if it has the majority of events. You should definitely fit clock in, it's very fast to do usually. For 4BLD, 5BLD, 6 and 7, if you can't quite fit them in the schedule you can add them as events that people can do whenever, they just need to find a scrambler and judge. That's what's happened in the competitions I've been to at least.

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
Yep, I too would be interested by the comp in Eindhoven but on that particular weekend I'm already planning to go to Saarbrücken which is less than two hours from Paris by train...

RubikMouse

Nice, I'm interested.

Since I am pretty new to participating at contests, do you have to attend both two days of the tournament, I am not sure yet if I am able to join both of them :)

hcfong

WCA
2011FONG02
RubikMouse: Yes, it's fine to attend just one day. The main events (3x3 and that sort of stuff) will be on Sunday.

Sahid: I don't really like to be called "Mr. Fong". I makes me sound old. Please refer to me as Hwee-Chong or simply HC as most of my friends tend to do.

hcfong

WCA
2011FONG02
OK, got the WCA approval. I hope to finalise things with the venue on Monday and then hopefully have the website ready sometime next week for the announcement. O yeah, it will be on 7-8 July.

hcfong

WCA
2011FONG02
I'm really sorry to disappoint you guys, but it didn't work out with the venue (way to expensive), and it's almost impossible to find a suitable venue because of school holidays in July, it's probably not going to happen.

On the upside, I do have what I think could be a great idea for a competition. I just to work it out and I'll let you know.

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
Yep, the OP currently looks a bit weird.
Anyway, if it's on September 15/16 I should be able to come :)