• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Easy sticker and Cube4You questions

FrankLZ

Hey everybody, I hope these questions haven't been asked before:

1. I want to buy another Type A DIY cube from Cube4You, but they have the normal type a, type II, type III and New Type III to choose from. What is the difference? Which one is better?
  2. I also want to buy a Type B DIY, but cube4you doesn't have one in black. Do you think they will soon?
  3. I recently lubed up a few DIYs before putting the stickers on and now regret that because the puzzlepros lube is now on the outside of the cube a little and that will probably prevent the stickers from sticking well. Do you have any tips on getting the lube off the outside? Do you think I would just have to completely wash each cubie in water?
  4. I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I just want to confirm. I know that the Meffert's 4x4x4 (bought from Cube4You) is the best, but I really don't want those tiles. Is it better to buy a Meffert's and then just put stickers on it, or is it better to buy an imitation Meffert's (is this one?)

Hopefully these questions don't reek of noobieness too badly

Last edited:

abr71310

WCA
2009SHAO02
YouTube
abr71310
1. Read the differences in the thread posted in the Hardware Area section of the forum.
2. Type B sucks, don't even bother, unless you know how to hybrid and know that Type B + DianSheng = Godlike.
3. Use Soap and Water on the entire cube and be more careful next time.
DONT JUST USE WATER -- most lubricants are water-resistant/proof and will not come off easily.
4. Buy a DX 4x4x4 and peel off those tiles, that way, it's under $10 with shipping and you can do w/e the heck you want with it.

5. Use the search function, when it is available, to confirm my answers.
6. Welcome to the forum.

FrankLZ

You use Opera?? I thought I was the only one! I think Opera is the best browser there is and don't understand why more people don't use it.

Seriously, incredible memory usage, built in mouse gestures and customizable single key shortcuts? Does it get any better?

Also, wouldn't the Opera custom search be using speedsolving's search function and thus not work when speedsolving's search goes down?

I'm planning on making a purchase from Cube4You. I'm going to get the original type A (in white and black), a type D and a type F (because I like the concept of smooth insides).

I also want a Meffert's 4x4x4 and since I am already paying for shipping am thinking about buying it from Cube4You. Do you think this makes a difference? Should I buy it from Meffert's?? Also, I might have to buy both white and black because I just can't understand why the color of the plastic would make any difference in performance. Shouldn't it be the mold that they use??

Last edited: