• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Easy / Lucky / Funny / Hard / Weird scrambles thread

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
Can't say I have.... I guess you'll always get a lucky scramble if the algorithm for generating the scramble doesn't ensure a certain minimum amount of moves to solve it...

Johannes91

I guess you'll always get a lucky scramble if the algorithm for generating the scramble doesn't ensure a certain minimum amount of moves to solve it...
Hmm... What does 'lucky scramble' mean to you?

I once had a scramble for the 2x2 that was probably the luckiest possible. It was solved with R U R'.
The luckiest possible scramble would give you a solved cube. That basically happened to me once, all corners were solved in a 3x3x3.

h3ndrik

you can solve that scramble with one COLL algorithm, therefore it is kind of lucky

Last edited:

Todd

This morning i had a 3x3x3 scramble with a c/e pair connected and a 3 move cross.

Lt-UnReaL

WCA
2008CLAY01
Easy / funny / hard / weird scrambles thread

Yes, I am bored. Here it is: (cross on bottom)

D' B' F' U B2 D' L U F U' L R' F2 L' R' D B F2 D' U' L2 B2 F' U B2

If the cross is done a certain way, F2L will be extremely fast. My first time I did 14.00, although it should have been WAY faster...

Todd

Other than an easy cross i cant see how to make it an easy f2l as well..

Any tips?