• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Easy / Lucky / Funny / Hard / Weird scrambles thread

Djangovend

WCA
2015DJAN01
Got this super-lucky scramble from csTimer:
D2 L2 D2 B2 L2 B' F2 L2 B' L2 U2 B D' B' D2 L F U' F'

PB fail because I messed up

Solution:

y2 // inspection
R D R F2 D // cross
U' R' U R // 1st pair
Lw U L' U' M' // 2nd pair
U' L' U L // 3rd pair
R' D' R U R' D R // 4th pair / CLS
U' R U' R U R U R U' R' U' R2 // EPLL
U // AUF

RouxCuber

U' F R F' L' D2 B R U' B2 U2 B2 D' L2 U L2 D2 R2 U
Roux OH: 8.05
My fastest OH single, but don't really want to count as PB. This scramble was a piece of cake. So much free stuff throughout the entire solve, not only the scramble.

wiredknight

I've been training using only distance-20 scrambles from cube20.org on the theory that this is better practice than random scrambles from the various scramble generators (tnoodle, cstimer, etc.) available on line since the scrambles will all be the same (and highest) degree of difficulty possible. Am I wrong? Please tell me why.

Etotheipi

I've been training using only distance-20 scrambles from cube20.org on the theory that this is better practice than random scrambles from the various scramble generators (tnoodle, cstimer, etc.) available on line since the scrambles will all be the same (and highest) degree of difficulty possible. Am I wrong? Please tell me why.
since an average cfop solve is about 50 moves on average, the optimal movecount probably wont affect the solve too much

WoowyBaby

WCA
2018ISOM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Distance-20 states and a distance-17 states are actually identical for speedsolving, zero difference, so you'd save some energy if you just use cstimer or whatever you like :)

You ask why is your logic wrong? Well speedsolving solutions are always much more than optimal (~50 speed vs. ~18 optimal) so you wouldn't ever be able to "use" a, let's say, distance-15 scramble. Also just because the optimal moves for a whole cube is 20 vs. 18, it makes no difference to how many moves you would take to solve the cross or first block or whatever.
If you want to practice highest degree of difficulty solves, um, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Last edited:

shinthebin

A 4x4 scramble with yellow centers solved. Got it from csTimer.

L' B2 U2 L2 F2 R B2 D2 L' U2 B2 L' D B2 D' L2 F' L U F' D' Fw2 Rw2 B' Uw2 L' U2 Rw2 L' R' Uw2 B L' U2 Uw B' L D2 F2 Uw D2 F' Rw Uw' B Rw Fw2

HyperCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Recently, in one of my comps, I got a scramble on square1 that let me get a 12 second single! I broke my pb by landslide. I don’t have the scramble, but I have a vlog of the solve on my channel if anyone wants to analyze it.

aerocube

I'm sorry - I'm obviously not very good at skewb. Could you provide a spoilered solution? I don't see the easy solve here.
oops,i think i gave the scramble after,my scramble was R U L B L U L R' U L B and i accidentally got a centres and edges skip after i did the first layer,which was pretty inefficient so i can't reconstruct

SM cubing

WCA
2018MACK04
Generated By csTimer on 2019-06-16
single: 7.25

Time List:
1. 7.25 U' L2 B2 D L2 D2 L2 B2 D F2 U' B2 L2 U' R' U' F2 D2 L R

sorry to double post, but this scramble is insane.

I could have done this:

R D R' L' U' L R U2 R2 U' R M2 U M2 U2 M2 U M2

But i did this

R D R' L' U' L U' R U' R' U2 R U2 R2 U' R2 U' R' U R' U' R U' R' U2 R R2 U R U R' U' R' U' R' U R' U2

so thats a uwr fail :(

Ash Black

WCA
2017BLAC06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Recently, in one of my comps, I got a scramble on square1 that let me get a 12 second single! I broke my pb by landslide. I don’t have the scramble, but I have a vlog of the solve on my channel if anyone wants to analyze it.
you can find the scramble on WCADB.net by looking up the competition, and under the page for the comp, it will have all the scrambles