• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Eastsheen?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I bought a 2x2, 4x4, and 5x5. I believe they are "mini" versions, made by eastsheen. The people I purchased them from said they were from mefferts. On cubesmith, the sickers that appear to fit and the ones for eastsheen cubes. How can I tell what kind I have? Thanks

dougreed

Well the eastsheen 5x5x5 mini-cube is slightly smaller (if my memory serves me) than a regular rubik's 3x3x3. The eastsheen 2x2x2 is only slightly smaller than that, and turns *amazingly well* after lubrication.

-Doug

Dennis

YouTube
Visit Channel
I like my mefferts/east sheen cube alot to. However, they are impossible to "cheat on", i.e. the sides must be perfectly aligned before turning. But they are supersmooth and does'nt require any turning force.

I have given my superstiff 5x5x5 a chance again, and after a 100+ solves it is starting to loosen up (or maybe it's just me getting stronger fingers :D )

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
My 4x4 is extremely loose, just how I like it. The 5x5 is pretty loose as well. But like you said, they have to be lined up well before you can rotate. But I seems I am getting better with the finger tricks and whatnot.
Pat

dougreed

Remember, Eastsheen cubes aren't allowed in most (if not all) WCA competitions these days. So you probably want to invest in Rubik's "Official" Cubes also.

-Doug

Dennis

YouTube
Visit Channel
Remember, Eastsheen cubes aren't allowed in most (if not all) WCA competitions these days. So you probably want to invest in Rubik's "Official" Cubes also.

I don't believe that. East sheen cube are allowed in (WCA) competitions, just that the very large competitions like WC and EC where rubiks.com is the main sponsor they are not allowed (just becasuse rubiks.com say so, otherwise a great deal of competitors would not use their (especially) 5x5x5).

Last year, during the Swedish championship, we had David H Jones from seventowns (rubiks) present and about 90% where using east sheen cubes in the 5x5x5 event. And the competition was official WCA. He did'nt say anything about the choice of brand during that event.