• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Eastsheen 5x5 unscrewing itself problem

Andrew2448

I got an eastsheen 5x5 about a month and a half ago (for Christmas) and I can't get through a full solve before the yellow side starts to unscrew itself. It gets so loose that I can't even turn the cube without it falling apart. I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions on what to do, other than buying a new one.

Andrew2448

So I take it apart, unscrew it, put some glue in the hole, screw it back in, and then let it dry? Also, how much glue should I use?
And don't worry, I didn't plan on using the springs, I'm not that heavy of a modder.

Andrew2448

Upon a closer inspection, I saw that they yellow core tube has a crack in the part where the bottom of the screw will be. I wasn't sure if it was a crack or not so I put it back together and looked at the white side, and it was clear and somehow, while I was being super careful, I managed to crack the white side core while putting it back together. Will using glue still help or am I going to have to buy a new core?

stinkocheeze

Upon a closer inspection, I saw that they yellow core tube has a crack in the part where the bottom of the screw will be. I wasn't sure if it was a crack or not so I put it back together and looked at the white side, and it was clear and somehow, while I was being super careful, I managed to crack the white side core while putting it back together. Will using glue still help or am I going to have to buy a new core?

Cracks? Seems like you put vaseline in your cube. As people said, try gluing it.