• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dumb Quest to learn full PLL on Domino Cube (Week 3)

When will I learn full Domino PLL?

• Never

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • less than 1 month

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 1-1.5 months

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 1.5-2 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-2.5 months

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 2.5-3 months

• 3-3.5 months

• 3.5-4 months

• 4+ months

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • in like 5 years

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
Feel free to ban me for this lol. Here I have YET ANOTHER quest. This time it is to learn full Domino Cube PLL. Ever since I learned how to solve this cube, I have not learned a single alg which is a disgrace to me so I will finally try to do it. Below is the resource I will be using for full Domino PLL.

Algs known: 16 out of 43 (7:11PM CST Day 2 of week 3 [I'm on a cross country vacation so I changed timezones])

So below will be the same No/Yes system I used when I learned COLL a while ago.

2-look for corners
Yes Yes
[I will not count these for the counter but I will keep these here anyway]

EPLL:
Yes Yes
Yes Yes
Yes Yes
Yes Yes
Yes Yes
[The first case in this set is the solved case so I will still put yes there but I wont count it for the counter]

CPLL but all edges solved:
No No
No No
Yes No

3x3 PLL but with headlights:
Yes Yes
No No
Yes No
No No
No No

3x3 PLL but with no headlights
No No
No No

Adjacent corners and parity:
No No
No No
No No
No No
No No

Opposite corners and parity:
Yes No
No No

Week 1 Goals: have 13 algs learned in total
SCREWED UP BECAUSE OF SPAM
Algs Learned: I have no idea

Week 2 Goals: Just spam learn algs like in week 1 but hope for no spam bots
Strategy: Start with EPLL
Algs Learned: 3 i think
Note: I finally finished EPLL so I now know full 2 look last layer on here. Well week 2 was screwed because my chargers refuse to work on devices.

Ok I just want to learn 1 alg today and 2 per day for the rest of the week.
Day 1: Goal achieved: Learned 1 alg
Day 2: Learned 2 algs

Last edited:

xyzzy

Sorry, I meant there are like 3 where you can't piece together decent algs from sq1, 3x3, or just intuition.
Almost none of the algs from 333 can be used on a domino cube, and unless you've dabbled with squan PLL/PBL (PLL isn't used in Vandenbergh and PBL has way more cases), I doubt many of the algs there are of any use either.

If you really think there are only ~3 cases that need unique algs, go ahead and list your derived algs for the remaining ~40 cases.

DNF_Cuber

Almost none of the algs from 333 can be used on a domino cube, and unless you've dabbled with squan PLL/PBL (PLL isn't used in Vandenbergh and PBL has way more cases), I doubt many of the algs there are of any use either.

If you really think there are only ~3 cases that need unique algs, go ahead and list your derived algs for the remaining ~40 cases.
okay sorry 3 was hyperbole, but I do use lin on sq1 so those algs are very handy( such as :R2 U R2 D' R2 U R2 U' R2 F2

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
Aight people! The reason I was gone for so long is that my computer died and the charger didn't work. I was gone for a month but I found my old tablet to use for this quest. Don't worry week 3 starts tomorrow because I'm back. Btw ima be in an RV for like a month now and ima be constantly traveling the country so I might squeeze in 2+ algs per day on average since I will be bored alot of the time. Well cya I'm bored now ima go check on rubikforum now bye.

xyzzy

This is very dumb. LBL is the most inefficient way to solve the Domino cube. You can learn a way better method with much less algs. It's not like your actually learning them though ; )
Huh, what? LBL seems like a pretty obvious method to use for speedsolving domino. What would you use instead?