• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

duckisepic's progression thread | trying to be sub 15 on 3x3!

Can I be sub 20 in two months?

• Yes

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Depends on the dedication and skill

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

duckyisepic

the forgotten disassembled 4x4 underneath your bed
Ok, I'm gonna make a list right here, (So I remember it and can go back to it and share it with you people too). Let's go

2x2

• I broke my 2x2 lol
  • I want to learn CLL though when I get my new one.

3x3 (Edit: Not learning oll yet, but doing slow solve instead)

• As everyone knows, I'll be learning full oll (maybe not dot cases since I can use sledgehammer to prevent it).
  • I'll be doing slow solves, on day 4 and 5 each week. I would like to take a break from learning algs for 3-4 days.

4x4

• I'll mainly be practising and solving it every day so I can get used to yau.
  • So far, I got used to doing the 4 last centers.
  • I'll be mainly be practising 3-2-3 edges.

3BLD

• I might do it? idk , I'll just practise doing 2x2 blind, since it's only corners.
  • It will help me though when learning 3x3 bld.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 55877

• As everyone knows, I'll be learning full oll (maybe not dot cases since I can use sledgehammer to prevent it).
You're going to want to learn the dot cases. People make them seem worse than they really are--but in reality they aren't any harder to learn or slower to execute than other OLL's if you use the right algs. And you won't be able to always use the sledge technique because sometimes you're going to get split pair (in which it's best to just insert with R U R', it's not worth using a special alg to avoid dot case) or you might use a different technique altogether to finish off F2L which might also lead to a dot case. (for example: mutlislotting, pseudoslotting, FRUF, etc. you might not use these techniques now but you probably will eventually)

duckyisepic

And you won't be able to always use the sledge technique because sometimes you're going to get split pair (in which it's best to just insert with R U R', it's not worth using a special alg to avoid dot case) or you might use a different technique altogether to finish off F2L which might also lead to a dot case. (for example: mutlislotting, pseudoslotting, FRUF, etc. you might not use these techniques now but you probably will eventually)
ah, I forgot about that. I'll probably learn it, it's probably because I'm lazy to learn dot cases like how I did with g perms. but these tips will definitely help me during the long term run

duckyisepic

Guys I kinda got it!! I had all the corners in the right place :D This is actually the first time I actually succeed to solve the corners. I didn't do it blindfolded, but I did write down the letter pairs. And I actually didn't give up when I had to do a new cycle. I'm really proud of myself even though it's only the corners. I think I'm hooked with 3BLD, so I'm gonna do it alongside with learning olls and 4x4.

duckyisepic

A LOT of good things are happening today :D After a week of practising yau (more like solving it over and over again), I got a pb single of exactly 1:58! I beat my best by a minute and 6 seconds. It's actually the first time I timed myself, so I was surprised. I actually could have beaten it anyway because it was a pll skip!

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 9.34.54 PM.png

duckyisepic

Generated By csTimer on 2021-03-04
avg of 5: 17.31

Time List:
1. (14.05) D2 F2 R D2 L R2 D2 L' D2 F2 R' U2 F' U' L2 B2 F' R B L' R'
2. 14.32 U' L' B' L2 U D' B' D2 R' B' R2 F' U2 L2 B' R2 F2 U2 L2 B'
3. 19.66 F R' L' B' L2 F D' U2 L D2 F2 R' L' D2 R U2 L U' B2
4. 17.95 B L2 D2 L U2 L' D2 R F2 R B2 R2 D2 U F' L' B R U' L
5. (20.25) U B U2 L2 B' U2 B' D2 U2 F' L2 R U' F D2 F2 R' B F2 D

I'm really happy about the 14s!

DNF_Cuber

Generated By csTimer on 2021-03-04
avg of 5: 17.31

Time List:
1. (14.05) D2 F2 R D2 L R2 D2 L' D2 F2 R' U2 F' U' L2 B2 F' R B L' R'
2. 14.32 U' L' B' L2 U D' B' D2 R' B' R2 F' U2 L2 B' R2 F2 U2 L2 B'
3. 19.66 F R' L' B' L2 F D' U2 L D2 F2 R' L' D2 R U2 L U' B2
4. 17.95 B L2 D2 L U2 L' D2 R F2 R B2 R2 D2 U F' L' B R U' L
5. (20.25) U B U2 L2 B' U2 B' D2 U2 F' L2 R U' F D2 F2 R' B F2 D

I'm really happy about the 14s!
you are improvingfast. You seem kinda inconsistent though.

duckyisepic

For the past two days I did 3BLD but only corners. I timed myself and did it blindfolded only solving corners! And I got it! The string of letters were very easy to memo. Here's the reconstruction:

Scramble: R2 D F2 D' F2 R2 F2 R2 D R2 D' B D F2 R2 D' R2 B'
Time: 1:24:39

Corners

U: D (corner alg) Undo: D'
S: D F' (corner alg) Undo: F D'
F: F' D (corner alg) Undo: D' F
N: R' F (corner alg) Undo: F' R
J: R' (corner alg) Undo: R
O: R2' F (corner alg) Undo: F' R2

US:
As in the initials of United States
FN: As in Fan
JO: The last name of a celeb in the group I liked (cough cough iz*one)

D

Deleted member 55877

I decided to put off me learning full oll. I'm actually ok with me being in the sub 20 barrier. My times are quite inconsistent though, (ty to @DNF_Cuber for telling me cus I realized how inconsistent they were) so I'm just gonna do slow solves for now. I'll probably learn next month or later.
try chill solves instead, brody popularized this and many people (including me) find it more effective than slow solves