• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

duckisepic's progression thread | trying to be sub 15 on 3x3!

Can I be sub 20 in two months?

• Yes

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Depends on the dedication and skill

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Tengyun V1 is epic. It’s very soft and quiet, but I like the sound of a buttery cube. So, I would recommend the 356M lite. It’s 29.99 usd, but it is very nice. If your budget is under 25 for 3x3, get the RS3M. If you are, you will have to set it up to make it perfect. I mentioned this in my review that it’s dry out of the box. If you do not set it up with lube, it will get worse over time. Guhong V4m and RS3M are the best options.

duckyisepic

the forgotten disassembled 4x4 underneath your bed
wow this is the longest time i haven't updated my progression thread! I'm kinda busy this week especially with school, and i'm also drawing a lot lately. But not really much is happening to me in terms of improving. I'm thinking of playing around with ZZ and learn how to solve a 5x5! so wait again and I'll update if i'm doing either of these :D

D

Deleted member 55877

wow this is the longest time i haven't updated my progression thread! I'm kinda busy this week especially with school, and i'm also drawing a lot lately. But not really much is happening to me in terms of improving. I'm thinking of playing around with ZZ and learn how to solve a 5x5! so wait again and I'll update if i'm doing either of these :D
zz is definitely an awesome method! i suggest you check out the zz website (in my signature) and even if you don't switch to it, EO is valuable knowledge!

duckyisepic

so... i haven't done blindfold since that last post... i'm been really tired of failing and i know, i'm a loser for giving up. I'm kinda bored of 3x3, so i decided to do 2x2! I got really motivated and inspired by Cubehead's 2x2 progression video series. So i decided to follow his format for progressing in 2x2. I'm planning on learning CLL, and my avg is 5.86, and in 7 weeks, hopefully my avg goes down. At the end of each week, I'll post my ao12 and my thoughts on learning and what I learnt. Hopefully I can manage 40-42 algs in 7 weeks!

duckyisepic

hey guys! This has been one week of me learning CLL. Everyday I'm actually writing saving a post as a draft. Here's what I learnt throughout the week.

Day 1: I decided to start on Sunday, and gather all the resources on Saturday. The resources I'm using are Trainer Yu and Cyotheking's website for algs. On the first day, I decided to learn the sune set first. There's 6 cases in the subset, and my goal is to learn all those cases before Friday, as I'm going on a trip from Sunday to Monday. The first alg I learnt was... the normal sune. I knew the alg so I decided just to practise the recognising it and going on trainer yu. But I ran into a common problem. ALL THE CASES LOOKS THE SAME. But thankfully, I used cyotheking's tutorial for recognising them and how to differentiate them. And may I praise Chris Olson for making really helpful tips and videos! I would definitely recommend his videos and website for learning 2x2.

Day 2: It was a monday that I decided to learn two cases. These cases had the shortest algs, so I learnt them. I learnt them pretty fast in like about 10 minutes to get them into my head. I spammed the algs to get them into muscle memory. I headed to trainer yu, and at the start I sucked at identifying the case and executing it with the right alg. I kept using the wrong alg for the wrong case! I decided to take a break cus it was making me really mad. I then tried to practise, and I must say, it was coming in my head slowly.

Day 3: It was a tuesday that I learnt only one alg. The afternoon was mostly spending time recognising the case and using the right alg. This day felt really great since I ended up with a solved cube. I spent my day just training the algs I learnt this week. The alg I learnt was somewhat easy, and recognition is getting easier. I'm more focused on actively recalling the alg and finishing with a solved cube rather than getting a fast time.

Day 4: It's a wednesday that I finished almost all the cases! On this day, I have wrote days 1-4. I was suppose to finished the sune set on this day, but I was pretty busy, but I was able to learn one alg today.

Day 5: It's a thursday! I finished ALL THE CASES IN THE SUNE SET!!!!! Pretty happy I achieved my goal of learning the sune set before friday. I'm planning on just using trainer yu the whole day and time the cases. For days 6 and 7, I'm planning on learning the "H set" since there's only 4 cases. My goal now for days 6 and 7 is to learn the "H set" in 2 days. Pretty easy goal, learn 2 algs for days 6 and 7. On days 6 and 7, I'm also timing the cases for the sune set so I can get comfortable.

Day 6: yay it's a friday! I'm still training my algs, cus now that I learned the sune set, I'm getting used to executing them with the right alg. The only problem is that it takes about 1-3 seconds for me to recognising the case. My execution is pretty okay though. I was really busy the whole day, so I didn't have time to learn two algs from the H set. :(

Day 7: I'm planning on learning all the algs from the H set! Hopefully I can do it! Here's my ao12:

Generated By csTimer on 2021-08-28
avg of 12: 5.34

Time List:
1. 3.89 D F2 U F2 D2 B2 D2 U' B2 L2 U2 F R' B' F2 L2 D' U2 R U' R'
2. 6.31 B L' B D L2 U2 B2 U2 F2 U2 R2 B2 U2 F' D L F U' B2 L2
3. 5.55 D U2 R2 B2 R U2 R2 B2 R F2 U2 B2 U' B U' L2 D' R' D U2
4. 4.84 L2 D F2 R2 B2 R2 D' F2 U B2 L' B' L' F2 D R' B D2 L' F'
5. 6.50 B2 R2 B2 D' L2 D B2 U2 F2 U2 R2 F2 L' D L2 D R' D' B U'
6. 5.00 L2 U L2 B R2 U2 L2 D2 U2 B2 L2 F2 L' F R U' R B D2
7. 3.80 B R2 L2 B L' B2 R2 B' U R2 D L2 B2 D F2 U' L2 F2 B2
8. 5.33 D' L2 B' U2 B L2 R2 D2 B2 L2 B2 F U' B' D' F' R' F D
9. (7.38) R U F B R' B U F2 D2 R F2 L F2 L' U2 R' D2 R2 B' U'
10. 6.91 R2 B2 R U B2 F2 R2 B2 U' L2 D' B2 D' F' R2 B R U L' B
11. 5.23 U2 R2 B D' L2 U' F R' B R' B2 R' U2 B2 L D2 R' U2 B2 R2 B2
12. (3.41) U L2 F2 R2 B2 D' R2 U2 B2 L2 D2 F' D2 L' D2 U L R' D' F2 R

it's just the start, hopefully I can get faster!

duckyisepic

Hey guys, it's been two weeks since i'm learning cll. I have some pretty bad news... I haven't learnt any new cll algs because I have been really busy coming back from the trip and preparing for school. And today I raced with a few people on discord and my 2x2 popped and got locked :( so my 2x2 is dissembled and I will have to put it back together. Hopefully I can get back on track and complete my goal!