• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dual Buffer System for BLD

CxCxC

Do dual buffer systems exist in BLD?

I tried to make one for corners that was analogous to R2 but I couldn't.

Does a method already exist that uses two buffers?

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, the only time that most people may consider using it is if it can be used to streamline cycle breaks for example if 3 of your corners are on UF buffer but the the rest can be used for DF then if the know that cycle they may use that.

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Daniel Beyer used to use a buffer and a "helper-buffer" for corners. It was basically a dual buffer system. If the buffers were A and B then he would cycle A to B to wherever the piece in B went, then B to A to wherever A went.

I may not understand the process fully, but I remember him talking about it.

So yes, a double buffer method of that sort does exist.

CxCxC

Daniel Beyer used to use a buffer and a "helper-buffer" for corners. It was basically a dual buffer system. If the buffers were A and B then he would cycle A to B to wherever the piece in B went, then B to A to wherever A went.

Was that method completed? I mean was it full-proof, I wanted a method would be a better 'R2'. I was thinking of using DRF and DLF as buffers and shooting from a buffer to the opposite slice. That way, I would have been able to by-pass those nasty R-slice algs. of R2 but maybe now, I would have to learn BH only, it seems. I tried to create that dual buffer system but as I am just starting out, I was not able to overcome that parity and layer-off set problems that easily :( but after learning a concrete method for corners {BH/tuRBo}, I may try again.......

{I can currently, fluently use M2 and tuRBo for the edges}

Last edited:
D

Daniel Lin

Well, the only time that most people may consider using it is if it can be used to streamline cycle breaks for example if 3 of your corners are on UF buffer but the the rest can be used for DF then if the know that cycle they may use that.
That's floating buffers. I think he's talking about a different concept

Oh. Didn't know Daniel already came up with that. Now it's called the Orozco method

@CxCxC
I'm not sure how your system works. Can you explain in more detail?

Last edited by a moderator: