• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DSL/Cable

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I live out in the middle of nowhere, and many of the companies I have talked to wont "give" or "install" DSL here. Do you guys know of any companies that would at an affordable price? Thanks

dougreed

Well, for good DSL service you need to live in relatively near proximity to a DSLAM, which your telephone company should provide. If you don't live near one, and don't live in a community large enough to warrant one, you are probably out of luck as far as DSL goes.

You can still maybe get some sort of satellite broadband. That might be your best option.

-Doug

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Well, I know that they provide DSL to people "in town", since I live about 6 miles out of town. I may think about broadband, how much is that normally? I heard that vonage has cheap high speed broadband, but not sure.

dougreed

Well, broadband is by definition only a medium that supports a wide range of frequencies... DSL, Cable, Vonage, etc. are all typically considered broadband. Pretty much anything above 128k ISDN.

Since you're relatively close to town, you might want to check on Cable internet. It may be available in your area.

HTH,
Doug