• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Doowon Joo's H perm 0.71

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
OMG that is really fast. I can barely get a sub 2 second H perm!

Hey Harris can you beat that? What is your best time? :p

H

hdskull

It didn't even seem like he finished, cuz he took it out of the screen. Noobcubix's H perm is REALLY fast also. Make a video!

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
According to the frames, the timer starts after he begins his first U-turn. When he pulls the cube out, it still has an (M')*0.5 (R')*0.5 to go... :rolleyes:
(So, I think the actual exec took more like 0.8... [at least 24 frames])

Still, fast. :eek:

Jai

WCA
2007GAMB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My PB is 0.8, I think, but my cubes were taken away by my mom 2 weeks ago, and I'm getting them back next week. Apparently, I was cubing too much and needed to concentrate on my homework. Preposterous. :p

EDIT: I paused the video a few times, hoping to get the moment right before or after he stopped his timer, and I did(I didn't want to use software :p) You can see in both pictures that he's off. First pic is right when he stops the timer (you can see the red light), and the second is after he takes the cube away.
DoowonHperm2.png

DoowonHperm.png

Last edited:

Dave Campbell

WCA
2005CAMP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Even so, it's still pretty good. It probably would still have been sub 0.8 if Doowon had done it properly.

Maybe, but he didn't, so we won't know. Add in the illegal stop (a Doowon staple) and it was pretty bad. All joking aside, i do think that if you are practicing a PLL, you should include the proper stopping as part of the alg, as it is the PLL. You will need to stop the timer after it, so you should include that in your timing.

pcharles93

WCA
2008HUYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Even so, it's still pretty good. It probably would still have been sub 0.8 if Doowon had done it properly.

Maybe, but he didn't, so we won't know. Add in the illegal stop (a Doowon staple) and it was pretty bad. All joking aside, i do think that if you are practicing a PLL, you should include the proper stopping as part of the alg, as it is the PLL. You will need to stop the timer after it, so you should include that in your timing.

Unless you use an OLL algorithm that doesn't affect permutation right after PLL.:p