• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dogic 20 color algorithms. Help with making them shorter??

ndskykng

Hello everyone. I posted this on Reddit, but I figure the more eyes on this the higher likelihood to find optimal algorithms. anyway, when I solve a Dogic, I can solve all the vertices to the last two. I solve 3/5 tips on the second to last vertex, then bring the two pairs of orange/grey together (my last two centers). When I do this, I get down to 12 different cases. Half of them the orange/green are oriented, the other six they aren't. The last three tips are either rotated clockwise, counterclock, or two of them are flipped. A very smart user helped me get the algorithms down to these, but curious if other alternate algorithms exist or if they can even be improved further?? Any help is appreciated.

My rotation is rotating the top vertex is U, rotating the bottom vertex is F and rotating five centers on the right side is R. Thanks!

Case 1: U' (F' R' F2 R F2) U (7 moves)
Case 2: U' (F2' R' F2' R F) U (7 moves)
Case 3: U' (F2 R' F R F R' F2 R F) U (11 moves)
Case 4: U' (R' F' R F' R' F2' R F2) U (10 moves)
Case 5: U' (F2' R' F2' R2 F R' F2 R F2 R' F2') U (13 moves) updated by r/ben1996123
Case 6: R U' R' F U R' F' R (8 moves) updated by r/ben1996123
Case 7: F2 R F2 R' F R F2 R' (8 moves) updated by r/ben1996123
Case 8: R F2' R' F' R F2' R' F2' (8 moves) updated by r/ben1996123
Case 9: F R' F R F R' F' R F2' (9 moves) updated by r/ben1996123
Case 10: F’ L F’ L’ F’ L F L’ F2 (9 moves) updated by r/ben1996123
Case 11: F R F2 R' F R F R' F2 R F R' (12 moves) updated by r/ben1996123

CaseOLL.jpg
CaseNoOLL.jpg

Last edited: