• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Does a "perfect cube" exist?

MarkA64

I'm wondering how many people think that at present time or any given time there is such a thing as a "perfect cube" in terms of its qualities.

For me I've been going back and forth and currently I almost think the Gan Air Sm is pretty much near perfect after extensive use of tons of other puzzles.

Thoughts?

No. There may be a cube that is amazing for someone(like you and the SM), but not everyone likes it. And even in those situations you'll still feel there are things that could be better. If there was a perfect cube, no one would be maining other flagships
Yeah not everyone has the same preferences. (lol if you refer to those cubing stereotypes videos)

brododragon

I think it's a one sided spectrum. There's a worst, but there is always going to be better.

kubesolver

Premium Member
I think the prefect cube will have almost 0 weight and require almost zero power to rotate faces. The magnets will be very weak do they won't make turns harder but strong enough to keep the cube together. We're still at 50+ grams which is too much. It's almost* like a tennis racket right now.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I think the prefect cube will have almost 0 weight and require almost zero power to rotate faces. The magnets will be very weak do they won't make turns harder but strong enough to keep the cube together. We're still at 50+ grams which is too much. It's almost* like a tennis racket right now.

No mind control?