• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Do you think it'll be safe to tighten a LanLan 2x2?

n00bCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
It locks up a bit sometimes, which I find annoying. But I'm worried about stripping one of the threads, which actually happened on another cube, even though I didn't try tightening it too much.

n00bCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Even though I always hear people say you should loosen your cube, I've always found that if my cubes become looser, they lock up more for some reason.

I actually took the risk, and tightened it, only one screw would tighten, as the others were already tight, but it does seem quite a bit better, although I'm not sure if it's back to how it used to be.

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Loosen it so it loose but doesnt pop. Your not going to stip the threads on a LanLan, they use good screws. You probably striped the threads on a cube with crap screws like a maru. I have striped screws on cube but they were my flowerminx and maru 4.