• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Dmitry Karyakin & Oleg Gritsenko: Team BLD 4x4x4 11:09

DrKorbin

WCA
2011GRIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dmitry Karyakin & Oleg Gritsenko: Team BLD 4x4x4 11:09 (both bld while exec)

Executor: Dmitry Karyakin (left)
Caller: Oleg Gritsenko (right)

No scramble, sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

DrKorbin

WCA
2011GRIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
awesome :eek: how much did you practice together?

This was our third full attempt, and we trained centers, edges and corners separately a couple times before it.

i think bill and julian got like a 1:40

Obviously I titled the thread wrong :fp (and how should I title it?), but at least a thumbnail of a video could point this is not normal team-bld.

Sebastien

Premium Member
WCA
2008AURO01
Sorry, but I fail to see how this is something special or in any way more impressive than a 4x4x4 BLD solve by a single person. Do I miss something?

Petro Leum

WCA
2012KALH01
Sorry, but I fail to see how this is something special or in any way more impressive than a 4x4x4 BLD solve by a single person. Do I miss something?

i think the difficulty is just the communication,like in normal TeamBLD. I guess its translating your very personal memo into targets your partner can understand and apply his BLD technique.
Teamblind isnt more difficult then normal 3x3 either, it just takes moretime because of the necessary communication.
a 3x3 solve is not impressive at all, only if you can do it fast. and doing this communication as fast as possible is also impressive to do efficiently :)

Sebastien

Premium Member
WCA
2008AURO01
In team BLD you need to communicate things, that you normally just execute. But Blindfolding already consists of memoing and executing stuff according to what you recall. So in this case the only difference is, that another person is doing the execution for you, which should be no problem if both participants can solve blindfolded. Everything else it just the same.

Petro Leum

WCA
2012KALH01
In team BLD you need to communicate things, that you normally just execute. But Blindfolding already consists of memoing and executing stuff according to what you recall. So in this case the only difference is, that another person is doing the execution for you, which should be no problem if both participants can solve blindfolded. Everything else it just the same.

you are probably right. im still a noob at BLD, anyway :p

labirint

WCA
2010KARY02

Yes, but there are some difficulties. The first difficulty is the fact that we use different lettering schemas and different letter-pair images, and the second (but not as important, as first) is different buffer pieces.

In my opinion the most impressive part of it all is the time. Can you let me see the video where two cubers solve 4x4 sub-10 min in this manner?

P.S. Initially this video was a reply to polish cubers' video