• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Did you learn fingertricks by yourself or from a video

How did you learn your fingertricks?

• Learned by yourself

Votes: 69 87.3%
  • Learned by video

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Learned from someone else

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.6%

• Total voters
There aren't a lot of good resources that I know of on finger tricks... I learned them by watching other people solve and figuring them out. So technically I was watching a video, but it wasn't a video on finger tricks...

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mostly myself, but ofc I've had other random influence.

People often say "I exec the (move) with my (specific finger)" alongside algs and you learn techniques from that.

Watching people solve is another influence, but I think self discovery is the most important aspect. Unique things may work for you that others have not yet discovered.

Zarxrax

I learned mostly my own, except the double flick. I watched some youtube videos for pll fingertricks and stuff, but I rarely found any that I liked better than my own.

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
I learned them mostly on my own. At the time I was learning to cube, there were very few videos out there, and I didn't know anyone else that cubed. The one great resource I did find though, was Bob Burton's site.

I have since learned a lot of new tricks, are RELEARNED a lot of my old one's that weren't actually so great from videos and other cubers.

Innocence

I kinda did all three. Most of them I've just developed naturally, but I've improved a little off my brother, and learned things like the M-slice and double flick off the internet, just to improve my style.

musicninja17

WCA
2010FISK01
you learn fingertricks separately after you finish learning an alg? how would you /why would you want to learn things then learn the correct way to do them/ why wouldn't you do it the fast/natural way this first time?

cubekid57

Yea I learned my own finger tricks from solving the cube so much, I developed tricks that complimented my cubing style and algs I use