• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Desktop Application for cubing

NitroZox

I have started working on a cubing desktop application and am having lots of ideas I have seen in various web apps/threads here to implement (such as timer/reconstruction saving/algorithm practice etc). I wanna ask, what all do you think should definitely be there?

Akshat Sehgal

YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay, what you have so far, sounds great. I think maybe adding some type of non-copywrite music playlists that you can choose from would be nice. Like there would be different playlists for different genres of music like metal, or jazz. Something like that.

NitroZox

Okay, what you have so far, sounds great. I think maybe adding some type of non-copywrite music playlists that you can choose from would be nice. Like there would be different playlists for different genres of music like metal, or jazz. Something like that.
Maybe I could do that but that wouldn't be at the top of my to-do list yet. Also I do have a working graphical model for the cube already and might integrate that with the app to get a simulator and go ahead and add an AI solver, but again that would be later on in the project!

NitroZox

In the algorithm trainer, a way to input your own algorithms and scrambles for them would be good for more obscure methods, because I'm trying to get good at Mehta but there's no easy way to train the algs for it. Also, a robot hand that automatically takes the pinapple off of pizza would be great
The former - I'll do that. The latter - well...

If it's an app to keep your times in and produce graphs, it might be nice to track success rate for blind solving. But you haven't really said what the app is for.

povlhp

Love briefcubing.com for algo trainer. Use it with Bluetooth cube where I ignore stickers. But would like shuffles.
if you have 4-5 algo for each case pick the ones that user does not use. Or make it random. That is make a few random moves and then run a solver that results in shuffled positions so the shuffle does not revealwhich algo to pick
Bluetooth cube support.
cubeast is the absolutely best for Bluetooth cube analytics and solving and splits for many solving methods.