• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Delivery times dailyPuzzles from Australia during pandemic

Flowkap

Hi, i did my first ever order on daily puzzles at their black Friday sale. Since the package is still in "Cleared and awaiting international departure MELBOURNE VIC".

That is unchanged for easy a week now. I guess it's related to less flights due to the Corona pandemic.

Has anyone experience with the deliveries from there the last months? It's targeted Germany.

PS: The estimated delivery time was 7-14 days. We're way past that already and it not even left Australia. I'm just super looking forward to it 🙈

Flowkap

idk what you expected for shipping from so far away. there are continental stores https://www.reddit.com/r/Cubers/wiki/where_to_buy_cubes/#wiki_europe

if you're patient, cubezz or zcube is the best bang for your buck. I have a video
Ok this reply truly is not even close answering my question. I did not ask which store you like more but for recent experience with international delivery times...

I actually found this message that confirms my assumption .. but enough places right now. That for sure is also sure independent. I just hope it'll arrive before Christmas 🙃

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-210209.png
    Screenshot_20211205-210209.png
    245.3 KB · Views: 14

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
but for recent experience with international delivery times...
the video goes over that, at least for china to north america. I believe to europe may cut down a week or two depending on how close you are to a major transport hub, but expect anywhere from 1-2 months (without covid supply chain issues)

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
Hi, i did my first ever order on daily puzzles at their black Friday sale. Since the package is still in "Cleared and awaiting international departure MELBOURNE VIC".

That is unchanged for easy a week now. I guess it's related to less flights due to the Corona pandemic.

Has anyone experience with the deliveries from there the last months? It's targeted Germany.

PS: The estimated delivery time was 7-14 days. We're way past that already and it not even left Australia. I'm just super looking forward to it 🙈
I recently ordered cubes from TC and a mouse from razer and they both got delayed.(razer by over a week) because of the craze rn. I think it's just this time of year.

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm in Australia, and when I buy something internationally I don't even really worry about estimated delivery times, I just accept that it will be a while. And of course that's even more true now that there's the pandemic and the Christmas period to consider. Airports in particular are one place that packages can just sit for days or even weeks. Though it's worth noting that tracking on international deliveries isn't always the best, so sometimes a package has moved, it just hasn't been tracked moving.

This is one of the reasons that I try to buy as much as possible domestically. But if I have to buy something from overseas I find that just accepting that it will be at least a few weeks and not worrying to much about it helps with the anticipation.

Flowkap

I'm not really worrying and it'll take how long it'll take. I also usually buy from a German shop. Right now most stuff is sold out so I took the chance and also some lube that you can't get here.

Last time Iv ordered internationally (years ago) the delivery was really quick. I guess it's these times now that no one can predict delivery times.

The lower prices overseas are usually not worth it due to additional fees like import tax, international delivery etc. It just was with the black Friday sale offers.

The longer I wait the longer I can look forward to having the new puzzles I guess ;)

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Same problem here. My GAN 11 M PRO that is supposed to be delivered by a general stock retail store (in Korea, I live in nz) is still hung up at the airport. I'm afraid it won't be here by Christmas. Good luck with your package.
couldn't you have bought it from dailypuzzles

Flowkap

Still waiting for a plane in Melbourne. It was shipped more than a week prior to the Christmas arrival deadline. Still my hopes are shrinking :/

• Sad
Reactions: qwr

Flowkap

Update: It didn't arrive and didn't even move still. Enquiry by daily puzzles was without more Infos (sarcastic reply from Australian post). Daily puzzles support is super nice though!

They always responded super quickly, offered refund and made sure I get a replacement in case it will not arrive at all. I still think it's just super late and want to keep it for sure. Australian post sucks big time though.

7-14 days are now 6 weeks without even leaving the country.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Aus Post is a mess at the moment. Even in Australia, it can take many weeks to get a delivery. 6 weeks without leaving the country is ridiculous, I hope it comes soon.
The media will not broadcast peaceful protests and demonstrations against authoritarian pandemic lockdowns and mandates. This logistic nightmare was inevitable and similar things are happening with Canadian and American truck drivers quitting or going in strike.

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
The media will not broadcast peaceful protests and demonstrations against authoritarian pandemic lockdowns and mandates. This logistic nightmare was inevitable and similar things are happening with Canadian and American truck drivers quitting or going in strike.
I’m not sure what “peaceful protests” you refer to. The protests in Melbourne are irresponsible and violent. They started in times where a state-wide lockdown was in place, which was necessary to prevent significant spread of the virus due to the low vaccination rates. No lockdowns would have been needed if the federal Government didn’t do such a terrible vaccine rollout. They forgot to order enough vaccines, then redirected a third of Victoria’s supply to NSW. It is true that there are now vaccine mandates in certain industries considered high risk of being exposed to the virus or spreading it, which makes sense. However, it is not ok to demonstrate against measures which endanger public health and safety. For many months, I could not go into the city because it was that unsafe. The media doesn’t help either. Murdoch has so much control over Australian news groups which fixate on twisting the story to display the Victorian government as “authoritative” and demanding of it’s citizens, when this is far from the truth. I apologise for the story but I’m sick of seeing complaints about the measures this state has put in place, decided by medical experts, instead of corrupt Liberal politicians.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I’m not sure what “peaceful protests” you refer to. The protests in Melbourne are irresponsible and violent. They started in times where a state-wide lockdown was in place, which was necessary to prevent significant spread of the virus due to the low vaccination rates. No lockdowns would have been needed if the federal Government didn’t do such a terrible vaccine rollout. They forgot to order enough vaccines, then redirected a third of Victoria’s supply to NSW. It is true that there are now vaccine mandates in certain industries considered high risk of being exposed to the virus or spreading it, which makes sense. However, it is not ok to demonstrate against measures which endanger public health and safety. For many months, I could not go into the city because it was that unsafe. The media doesn’t help either. Murdoch has so much control over Australian news groups which fixate on twisting the story to display the Victorian government as “authoritative” and demanding of it’s citizens, when this is far from the truth. I apologise for the story but I’m sick of seeing complaints about the measures this state has put in place, decided by medical experts, instead of corrupt Liberal politicians.
Spoken like a true politician. I'm not going to debate this on the forums, but IMO the protests their are 100 percent justified. Austallia's government is going totalitarian.
Please don't respond to this as the fourms are a relatively peaceful place right now, and even though I do love debating I don't want to get into anything like this on this webstive.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
...It is true that there are now vaccine mandates in certain industries considered high risk of being exposed to the virus or spreading it, which makes sense. However, it is not ok to demonstrate against measures which endanger public health and safety...
This is where our political thoughts differ - "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." The fact that you're against demonstrating is telling because the Americans figured this out and put the freedom of assembly in the First Amendment to the Constitution! (The UN put it in their Universal Declaration of Human Rights too: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/AssemblyAssociation/Pages/Covid19freedomAssembly.aspx) When it comes to civil liberties, if you give them an inch they will take a mile. This includes deciding what goes in your own body (remember my body, my choice?), free speech, and free assembly. The Australians (and Americans, Belgians, Brits, people who live in countries not so completely authoritarian yet to ban all protesting like China, etc.) who protest are exercising their basic right to democracy and making their voices heard to the government.