• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Delegate(s)?

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I've tried local delegates, and the WCA forum to no avail. Are there any delegates on here who might be able to help run a competition or two in Viroqua, Wisconsin in January? I have two good venues lined up, experience running competitions, a shoestring budget, and 3 great tentative schedules. All I need is a delegate and equipment. Heck, if there's somebody who's not a delegate but has a bunch of timers and would be willing to try an unofficial competition I'm game to give it a shot.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
-EDITED TO REMOVE OUTDATED INFORMATION
Replying to what you originally posted: at one point that would have been the rule, the guidelines have been updated to require compliance with local ordinances. There are no current covid-related restrictions in Wisconsin.

FWIW: one of the venues is my church, which went to remote services in March 2020 but resumed in-person services with no restrictions and minimal masking at the end of May 2020. Covid came through the congregation in January 2021, and put two clearly high-risk individuals in the hospital out of about 200 on a typical Sunday morning. Services were canceled for one Sunday in January, and lightly attended the following week. No deaths, and everyone has made a full recovery. I understand many people are still very concerned, and that's fine, but I'm not and I know I'm not entirely alone.

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, what I last read were the regulations for August. I somehow missed the WCA announcement in September updating them.

I am aware you are not concerned with Covid based on your postings on the WCA forums over the past few months. Hopefully you can get a delegate willing to help organize. However, it's almost December already. People's schedules fill up quickly, and you might not be able to get anyone willing at this point. Anyway it could be pushed back?

Last edited:

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Yes, what I last read were the regulations for August. I somehow missed the WCA announcement in September updating them.

I am aware you are not concerned with Covid, your many postings on the WCA forums over the past few months make that clear. Hopefully you can get a delegate willing to help organize. However, it's almost December already. People's schedules fill up quickly, and you might not be able to get anyone willing at this point. Anyway it could be pushed back?
January is really the only time that works for me. I'm a dairy farmer, and dry up my cows for the second half of January and February. I have schedule conflicts for at least 3 of the 4 Saturdays in February. I've been trying for a few weeks, this is a last ditch effort before I give up. I'll probably make a stab at an outdoor competition in the summer, but these are what I really want to do. I don't know if it's worth bothering with in the future. I've really enjoyed organizing competitions in the past, but this is really discouraging.