• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Decent YouTube tutorials and guides

HelpCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, I really hate to advertise my YouTube channel, but I really feel like my (actually this is a joint channel, but i post most of the videos) channel isn't getting the views it deserves. I try to post a video about once a week as long as I'm not too busy and I generally put quite a bit of work into them. I mostly make guides and tutorials, just because I know how boring 20 second averages can be to watch XD. I have almost 80 videos, 88% (thanks austinreed XD) cubing related, and started making good videos about a year ago. All of my recent-ish videos are in 720p HD and I have a sick nasty intro made my mangegnosis (yes, the guy who made the intro for onlyusemeblade, tmartn, woodysgamertag, chris smoove, just to name a few :p). Click me to visit our YouTube channel!

I really hope you guys come visit, like I said I hate to say this, but I really think my videos are under-viewed. 99% of my feedback is very good, and I hope you'll like my videos to. Thanks a ton guys :)

P.S. The other guy on the channel, Andrew, is a BEAST at megaminx, like 1:15 avg, and is only 13 :O

P.S.S. For all of my old-time subs out there, do you think I should bring back HCN? (HelpCube News)

Last edited:
O

Owen

Yes, HelpCube is one of the most well known and respected Youtube cubing channels out there. No need to advertise.

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
First 27 seconds of your Lingyun review: "Hello everyone, and welcome to my Dayan Lingyun review. Umm, so as usual I'll just get right into this review. This cube, it's very good. Uh, it is the third Dayan cube, the Dayan cubes now seem to be taking over the market. They're very good, I think that they're the best kind. And this is the third Dayan, which is the Dayan Lingyun." You repeat yourself a lot, and don't seem to have a good idea of what you're going to say next. As a result you merge a lot of sentence fragments and end up not exactly speaking English. The way you fidget randomly with the cube also indicates that you aren't comfortable with what you are saying. Try scripting or at the very least making a detailed outline. Shoot multiple times and make cuts if you need to. Speaking with confidence is important- if you watch the most popular cubers like Thrawst or Monkeydude, you'll notice they always speak with purpose even when they are unsure of what they are saying.

HelpCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
First 27 seconds of your Lingyun review: "Hello everyone, and welcome to my Dayan Lingyun review. Umm, so as usual I'll just get right into this review. This cube, it's very good. Uh, it is the third Dayan cube, the Dayan cubes now seem to be taking over the market. They're very good, I think that they're the best kind. And this is the third Dayan, which is the Dayan Lingyun." You repeat yourself a lot, and don't seem to have a good idea of what you're going to say next. As a result you merge a lot of sentence fragments and end up not exactly speaking English. The way you fidget randomly with the cube also indicates that you aren't comfortable with what you are saying. Try scripting or at the very least making a detailed outline. Shoot multiple times and make cuts if you need to. Speaking with confidence is important- if you watch the most popular cubers like Thrawst or Monkeydude, you'll notice they always speak with purpose even when they are unsure of what they are saying.

Thanks, before I comment on what you said, I just wanna say that this is what a post should be, not people saying "don't beg" and stuff like that. I <3 constructive criticism.

Often times I will do what you talked about, I rushed that video as I wanted to get one out before I went away. It was the first video I've done in a while with absolutely no editing. I used to write scripts for my videos, and I think I'm doing to go try to go back to that, or at least make my videos more organized. Thanks though.