• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dayan Lunhui is not competition legal?

Calvin Laza

I believe the Dayan Lunhui is not competition legal because the design allows for new moves to be now possible, in violation of WCA regulation 3h):
http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/regulations/

Dayan modified Rubik's cube design to make the corners be freely rotated without any effort:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7RrARLWsN4

I really don't see any advantage in doing the new move and introducing parity cases into the world of 3x3x3 cubing, but I think WCA rules and regulations are very strict.

Sa967St

Not A Moderator
WCA
2007STRO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You aren't allowed to purposely rotate one corner, it's an automatic DNF. If it happens by accident, it's fine as long as you fix it by taking the corner and an adjacent edge out then put them back in with the corner rotated properly.

Ethan_Dale

If this cube is illegal then almost all competitors cubes are illegal

I do wonder though if you have a pop and you put a corner in wrong are you allowed to fix your parity in this manner or must you pull the peice out?

Drake

Yeah but even if it's smooth an easy i don't think you can do it fast during a solve to that no 1 see.

MichaelP.

WCA
2009PERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
With my ultimate guhong and my nonmodified guhong POM, as well as my 2 lingyuns (nonmodified) I can't do this move unless I put some muscle into it and force it. With a Lunhui twisting corners in place is smooth and easy. Tension is set to medium on all.

If it's the case that making something easier makes it a move then all new models that make normal turns more easily would be illegal in comparison to a Rubik's brand although what cube you would base the system off of and how consistant that cube is is quite variable. Think before posting.

Calvin Laza

If it's the case that making something easier makes it a move then all new models that make normal turns more easily would be illegal in comparison to a Rubik's brand although what cube you would base the system off of and how consistant that cube is is quite variable. Think before posting.

I don't see why you needed to insult me with the thinking remark.

When the corners on old models stop short of twisting in place, I stop and don't force them to; that's the limit of their movement. When the corners on the Lunhui model start to seamlessly twist in place like they have their own axis, there is no longer a limit of movement, so I brought it up to the attention of the forums.