• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dayan 5 (Zhan Chi) Testing pieces

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
Original thread by WitEden on mf8

Dayan 5 Zhanchi
Size: 5.7cm
Overall, it's much better than GuHong, especially in anti-pop.
I popped often using Guhong, but never got popped using Zhanchi.
The pictures are the first testing product prototype version.
3442kr6.jpg

292masm.jpg

[youku]XMjQ0Mzk4OTM2[/youku]

Last edited:

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
"it's much better than GuHong"
What.
Cubes are getting to the point where they're *too* fast, and people have to find crazy ways to make them slow. (LingYung.)

This is insane.

So we'll end up back at store bought cube specs one day?
Reminds me of the F1; cars were getting too fast so they started messing with tire tread and engine volume to slow things down...
Never the less, I'm fascinated by the fact that so much thought goes into these cubes.

souljahsu

WCA
2010HSUK01
"it's much better than GuHong"
What.
Cubes are getting to the point where they're *too* fast, and people have to find crazy ways to make them slow. (LingYung.)

This is insane.

There's no limits to how much you can improve something.

Wouldn't the extra plastic on the side of the corners make the corner cutting ability worse?(sorry I'm a cube mechanism noob)

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think the wings on the edges should stick out a bit further.

New cubes don't pop but it's when they start to break in...well...wouldn't it be a good thing then that they're putting extra pop prevention(s) in place? This means our cubes can last longer!

maggot

I actually don't think that I ever want to change from guhong.. maybe if they found ways to make them indesrtuctable or oppose wear and tear... I think the guhong is close to ideal in terms of speed, forgiveness, and overall feel. They do tend to gum out after a while, unlike my alphas which seem to turn as good if not better than when I first break them in.

CubicNL

WCA
2011WILD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can indeed not really imagine what could be a big difference...
Corner cutting 50 degrees, or over 40 reverse or smth?
The speed is already fast enough and there are no locks.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was under the impression that the Taiyan came long before the GuHong. I remember when they requested for it to be called DaYan instead of Taiyan, and that happened before the GuHong, I think.