• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dayan 4x4 Hardware problem

ilikecubing

WCA
2011KULS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There is a problem with the screws of the Black shells of my Dayan 4x4.

The screws are not able to hold the black shells Tight enough,No matter how much I tighten them,The screw turns but the tension and force remains the same.
I think the screws are not being able to make a firm grip on the shells and they remain really loose even after trying a lot to tighten them up.

Looks like its a shell defect or maybe the rusting of screws?

its happened with 3 black shells and hence the when I assembled it and tried to solved it,2 sides were very loose and it popped real bad.

Also,One of the screws of the inner white core has lost its metal due to a lot of tightening and loosening,so the screw doesn't fit in properly and it doesn't turn anymore and I'm not able to change the tensions anymore.

What can I do? please help

chicken9290

Banned
A lot of people complain about the dayan and it does tend to pop a bit, but if you're having these kinds of problems with your dayan 4x4 i reccomend just getting a new one. your new one is sure to perform better than the one your currently using ()

yockee

YouTube
Visit Channel
I can't understand why so many people have a problem with this cube. All I did to mine was tension the 3 main axis screws on the 2x2, lube inside the 2x2 with a small amount of silicone spray, tighten the ball shells all the way, and lube the rest of the cube, and it's the best 4x4 ever. How the hell did your screws get all messed up!?

ilikecubing

WCA
2011KULS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
\
I can't understand why so many people have a problem with this cube. All I did to mine was tension the 3 main axis screws on the 2x2, lube inside the 2x2 with a small amount of silicone spray, tighten the ball shells all the way, and lube the rest of the cube, and it's the best 4x4 ever. How the hell did your screws get all messed up!?

I don't exactly know how The black shell screws got messed up,but it was probably due to irregular tensioning,I used to manipulate the tensions every single day hoping to get them right and make the cube popless and perfect,but I failed.Ultimately I had to tighten the inner core tensions a lot to stop it from popping,It got really hard to turn but the popping almost stopped.I guess I had the same problem which THIS guy had.

Thanks guys,super gluing worked well.The cube is stable.

But now,my Dayan 4x4 is popping because of another reason,While Turning the sides fast,The bottom part of the center pieces get stuck in the small spaces between the black shells and when I move the side further,1/4 of the side pops including the center piece.Is this because of stiff centers or something,any help?

yockee

YouTube
Visit Channel
The centers are popping because your ball shells aren't tight enough. That's why I tighten mine all the way. They aren't meant to be tensioned. The tensioning is done with the 3 screws on the 2x2.

Cool Frog

My 2x2 core screws don't move, One of them turns but is loose no matter what, Another doesn't turn (Or spin for that matter)
And the other one is just fine.

Braydon

when i first got my dayan/mf8 4x4 dident realy use it, then the first time i took it apart (far past warrenty dates) the screws where all almost completle rusted over and when i tried to tensioning it even the screws that wherent rusted ended up stripping the heads(i ended up using a pair of pliersto tention), i tried a few sizes of drivers and coldent get and grip an the screw i cant get threw a solve without a pop. This cube would not be recomended unless they come out with a newer version thet fixes these problems.