• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dan's Cubing Cheat Sheet App - Change Log

What feature would be nice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dracine

https://cubingcheatsheet.com

I thought sharing it with you guys. For now I would say it's for "beginner" speedcubers... This is not an exhaustive collection of algorithms yet but it will grow bigger over time.

The purpose of this site was to have the resources everyone at home needs in a single location. I wanted the content to be optimized for all screen sizes from older iPods, to my retina Macbook Pro or to our 29inch desktop monitor. The main goal was to efficiently fit as many algs as possible in one screen so that we can get rid of messy paper cheat sheets around the house! (portrait or landscape screen as well).

Enjoy!

LATEST UPDATE

Long overdue update!

The site popularity is growing, and many of you shared meaningful feedback in the last 2 years. Thank you for your continuous engagement and sharing areas of improvements that matters to you. Let's take a look at the latest changes:

New Features & Updates
- Progressive Web App capability added (Desktop, iOS, Android) for offline experience
- CSS "Print" stylesheets updated for Print and Print to PDF capability
- Fix Color Tiles on PLL Ub Perm case images
- Code Maintenance, Updates and Performance Improvements
Note: I often make small changes to the layout. If things looks weird or does not align properly from one session to another try to delete your browsing history/cache and launch the app/site again.

Perhaps you can share with me what you would like next?

CHANGE LOG

Edit 1: + Roux LSE 9 Edge Orientation cases added

Edit 2: Added couple of 3x3 patterns

Edit 3: More algs + New Domain http://cubingcheatsheet.com

Edit 4: New Content:
  • 4-Look Last Layer (4LLL) CFOP algorithms added
    (2LOLL & 2LPLL Combined Page)
  • 38 OLL algorithms added
  • 15 PLL algorithms added
Edit 5: New Content & Features:
  • 3x3x3 pattern added (1)
  • 4x4x4 patterns added (4)
  • 5x5x5 patterns added (5)
  • "Pause" added in the visualization of algorithms on alg.cubing.net to help with the learning process
  • High level context section added to some algorithm pages
Edit 6: New Content:
  • CMLL algorithms added (42)
Edit 7: New Content:
  • 4x4x4 L2C algorithms added (2)
  • 5x5x5 L2C algorithms added (2)
  • 6x6x6 Reduction algorithms added (8)
  • 6x6x6 pretty patterns added (6)
Edit 8: New Content:
  • COLL algorithms added (42)
Edit 9: New Content:
  • 3x3x3 VLS/WV algorithms added (27)
Edit 10: New Content:
  • 3x3x3 Customizable COLL color neutral (CN) algorithms added (42)
  • 3x3x3 Customizable ROUX CMLL color neutral (CN) algorithms added (42)
Edit 11: New Features & Updates:
  • Progressive Web App capability added (Desktop, iOS, Android) for offline experience
  • CSS "Print" stylesheet updated for Print and Print to PDF capability
  • Fix Color Tiles on PLL Ub Perm case images
  • Code Maintenance, Updates and Performance Improvements
cubing-algs-site-min.jpgtutorial-app-home-screen-example-large-@2x.png

Last edited:

Zerksies

Looks like it's on the way to be a great site. When your done i would like to see where you can download a PDF of all the cheat sheets.

dracine

Looks like it's on the way to be a great site. When your done i would like to see where you can download a PDF of all the cheat sheets.
Thanks for the feedback #Zerksies! I appreciate :) I don't think I will ever create downloadable PDFs for this site. There is already plenty of good printable PDFs out there (like on www.cubeskills.com). The whole point of making a "responsive" website is to get rid of paper / printable PDFs. (responsive website means a website that can be viewed from any screen sizes and devices with optimal content placement => ipod touch, phones, tablets desktop monitors, etc.)

dracine

Good question, I didn't even know it existed. lol Looks like a database site with ton of info. I can see how it can overwhelming for beginners or the younger cubers. The twisty.js visualization does not seem to work yet. :( Great source though I like it! I might link to it for future algs I add to the site. Thanks for sharing.

Duncan Bannon

This is a great alternative. Is the plan to have an app? If so that is very convenient for no internet drives/ flights and such.

dracine

This is a great alternative. Is the plan to have an app? If so that is very convenient for no internet drives/ flights and such.
I have no plans yet but I am open to suggestions. If the site get some traction/popularity, sure, I can look into into creating an app for offline use at some point. In the mean time, I think modern desktop browsers allow offline view of websites but I am not sure about mobile browsers. I'll see how the community respond to this site and we'll go from there.

Duncan Bannon

Sounds great, the picture on the post looks like an app on a phone, thats why I was assuming that you would have one.

Duncan Bannon

I have some ideas.
1. A PDF for downloading algs
2. A place on your profile pic that shows what % of an alg set that you know
3. You check off an alg once learned
4. Have a place to request algs and alg sets
5. A place to share algs you use for others to use
6. A way to race an another user to learn an alg set, and you get notification when you lose

dracine

I have some ideas.
1. A PDF for downloading algs
2. A place on your profile pic that shows what % of an alg set that you know
3. You check off an alg once learned
4. Have a place to request algs and alg sets
5. A place to share algs you use for others to use
6. A way to race an another user to learn an alg set, and you get notification when you lose
Duly noted. Thanks for showing interest! :)

dracine

New Content & Features
- 3x3x3 pattern added (1)
- 4x4x4 patterns added (4)
- 5x5x5 patterns added (5)
- "Pause" added in the visualization of algorithms on alg.cubing.net to help with the learning process
- High level context section added to some algorithm pages​

WCA
2015FOXC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You're well on your way to pass alg.db ! I think you are the first person to come up with names for all 57 OLLs Like some other people mentioned an app would be nice, also having an, "Alg Junk Yard." Where any user can place the algs they know. And maybe sometime adding COLL, WV, ZBLL???

Duncan Bannon

Sweet updates, Keep it up! Love the patterns. Think once new algs are added, you are new best site! Alg junk yard... Please! What is 2-4F’ mean?

Last edited:

dracine

You're well on your way to pass alg.db ! I think you are the first person to come up with names for all 57 OLLs Like some other people mentioned an app would be nice, also having an, "Alg Junk Yard." Where any user can place the algs they know. And maybe sometime adding COLL, WV, ZBLL???

Thanks! I think Alg.db serve another purpose, it's an incredible source of algorithm variations. I wanted cubingcheatsheet.com to focus on the user experience first rather than having tons of algs for each cases. I don't know all the methods but as I add alg sets I'll keep doing researches to make I include the most easy to learn and widely accepted algs. I am always open to recommendations in this regard.

If ever the site get enough traction to build an app or webapp, I'll definitely consider an "alg junk ward" feature. Seems the logical and useful thing to do.

I picked up the names for the OLL cases around the web. I just consolidated my research on the site for everyone's benefits. :)

Thanks for the feedback! It means a lot.

dracine

Sweet updates, Keep it up! Love the patterns. Think once new algs are added, you are new best site! Alg junk yard... Please! What is 2-4F’ mean?

Good question! I picked up this notation on alg.cubing.net. It translate to: "Turn the 2nd to the 4th layer from the Front face anti-clock wise." You can visualize the alg sequence on a virtual cube here and pause each step. You will be able to see what each sequence steps translate to on a virtual cube.

Tips for website algorithm pages:
  1. Click or tap any case image to view the algorithm variations. If I couldn’t find any variants, I linked the source where I found the algorithm.
  2. Click or tap any algorithm sequence to visualize the steps on a virtual cube on alg.cubing.net by Lucas Garron.
tutorial-case-algorithm-example-large-@2x.png