• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

D2 flick purpose?

cometcubes

WCA
2022AYER01
Ive seen lots of people always saying to do the d2 flick on the a perms and ive tried that but if anything it makes me slower. So why is it important?

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ive seen lots of people always saying to do the d2 flick on the a perms and ive tried that but if anything it makes me slower. So why is it important?
Learning full PLL, OLL, or any new skill or technique makes you slower at first. The point of learning them is that once you are proficient at it you will be improving your times.

pglewis

WCA
2016LEWI07
I tried to develop a usable D2 for a few years with zero success. I finally gave up and recently changed my Ab perm to R' B' R U' R D R' U R D' R2 B R (don't let the B moves fool you, it's actually regripless and starts in neutral grip).

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
It just takes practice. It was one of the first fingertricks I learned after U2. Just while you're watching a video or movie or something just practice it over and over to get it in your muscle memory.