• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing YouTube Channel Ideas

Luke Terzich

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey Everybody,

I was just wondering what people look for in a good cubing channel on YouTube?
We have hundreds of different puzzles available to show but what do people mostly like to see when viewing a YouTube Channel/Video?

What would make you subscribe to a particular Channel (just based on Speed Cubes/Rubik's etc... No music channels people! ;))

We really want to grow our social media presence and well, we enjoy making videos :p

A Massive Thank You in advance cubers.
Luke | KewbzUK

teboecubes

WCA
2015TEBO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like a unique video style. Unless I was seriously considering buying a certain puzzle, I wouldn't watch a review on it. However, if it's something different, funny, or creative, it would be an entertaining video.

Rubix Cubix

WCA
2016GLOZ01
I think the main thing is coming up with some original content and creating videos that will be useful to people. I think there is enough channels that do unboxings /reviews now.

Reed Merrill

I think some coverage of methods other than CFOP (but obviously also including it) can help with making an interesting channel. I subscribe to channels that give honest opinions, rather than sales pitches for every cube, even if it's bad.

Last edited:

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Some cool ideas that I can share from my channel are mostly focussed for Roux and 3BLD.

My channel is on the speedsolving method of Roux

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiz48FdV9I_tmZ0TJF33y2A

and on new blindfold cube solving techniques yo.

Currently I have 700 subs and in dire need of 300 more.
I have posted nearly 380 videos till now ranging from tutorials, walkthroughs and official and unofficial solves.

The video that has took off for my channel is from the playlist CFOP vs Roux , and it has 37000 views currently!

The content that I make is pretty advanced and more focussed towards blindsolving>

I have been active on Youtube since Feb 2015 and the journey has been quite fun.

I also do unboxings of new new 3x3s by doing the RouxNBlind Test, in which I see the performance of the cube from Roux and blindsolving perspective.

I also have Roux method tutorial in 4 languages.
I plan to make tutorials in more languages yo.