• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Cubing World] How to Get Fast

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How to Get Fast is a series of 16 videos about how to get fast at the different WCA events. It will be released over the next four weeks, one video on every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The introduction video explains everything:

I will be posting the new videos in this thread as they come out. If you enjoy them, feel free to subscribe ;)

You can find all of the videos HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
Love the contrast in the intro: - pieces of paper with marker pen... leading into Hollywood-style video with dramatic drums and bouncy red ball things!!!

In other news - woohoo, new cubing world series. :) Keep up the good work Noah, thanks!

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Wow that makes me so excited!!!!

No seriously, if I saw that... Drew or Odder are doing the Pyra video I'd watch it. If I saw some 4-5s solve doing it I wouldn't. I don't think you'd GAIN viewers/interest by hiding the names (unless all the cubers are mediocre) but you'd certainly lose viewers/interest.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow that makes me so excited!!!!

No seriously, if I saw that... Drew or Odder are doing the Pyra video I'd watch it. If I saw some 4-5s solve doing it I wouldn't. I don't think you'd GAIN viewers/interest by hiding the names (unless all the cubers are mediocre) but you'd certainly lose viewers/interest.

Hey don't be mean. The real reason is because I don't know exactly who is doing every video yet although most of them are made. I wouldn't want to announce an incomplete list or make promises I can't keep. Yes, Drew or Odder is doing the Pyraminx video, and no we don't have any mediocre solvers making any of the videos. That's what I meant when I said that we had a top notch solver for every video.

Jaysammey777

WCA
2010AMBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I presume:

1. 2x2
2. 3x3
3. 4x4
4. 5x5
5. 6x6 and 7x7
6. 3x3 BLD
7. Multi BLD
8. 4x4 and 5x5 BLD
9. skewb
10. pyraminx
11. megaminx
12. one handed
13. feets
14. sq-1
15. clock
16. fewest moves
so missing out on none, and only combinding the one mentioned in the video

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lemme guess. Justin Mallari is doing OH?

1 Michał Pleskowicz 12.67 - You don't know him
2 Antoine Cantin 12.99 - I'm not doing it
3 Feliks Zemdegs 13.14 - You don't know him / isn't known for OH
4 Phil Yu 13.46 - Already has a ton of OH vids
5 Gabriel Dechichi Barbar 13.50 - You don't know him
6 Arifumi Fushimi 13.66 - You don't know him / doesn't speak English much
7 Justin Mallari 13.67 - You know him and doesn't have many / any OH tutorials: Perfect match
Nipat Charoenpholphant 13.67 - You don't know him / doesn't speak English much
9 Lin Chen 13.95 - You don't know him / doesn't speak English much
10 Piti Pichedpan 14.10 - Old school

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Which events will we be missing out on/getting them mixed with other events?

Edit: sorry if it's in the video, I can't watch it on my iPad right now.

6x6 and 7x7 share a video.
4BLD and 5BLD share a video.

So basically what Jaysammey777 said.

Lemme guess. Justin Mallari is doing OH?

Wrong!

I don't have to know someone very well in order for them to be involved in this project. I met a lot of those people at worlds anyway.