• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing Sheet V3.1

Alcs

WCA
2018BOUT01
The version 3.1 of my cubing spreadsheet has been released! I have been working on this spreadsheet for a few months now. There are many features such as an estimation of the date you will reach your customized goal, a move count tracker, another tracker but for every subset of roux/CFOP and a function ranking your "at home" times in Canadian official rankings. There are still a few events missing.
Link to Google sheet (Recommended) (V3.1)->https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gqhe16Zt5ZY0qKUpptaIx-GTh1sprwmjuQAawIxu3_8/copy
Recommended Browser: Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
Link to Excel Sheet (V1): https://1drv.ms/x/s!AviNrv6zdV8Gg06hSp474sc8RD1J
Future planned major update: Sometime next month
If there are any mistakes, let me know in the comments so I can fix them. Thanks!
Last updated: 3/14/2020
*Updates are not as frequent as before I have to go to work

Last edited:

Alcs

WCA
2018BOUT01
Could you make a version for Excel or Word for those who don't have an account?
The Excel version is available. I would recommend creating a Google account so you have access to the best features
Note that my main focus on this project is the Google version since the Google version is a lot more accessible to everyone and it is free. The best Excel features are not free.

Last edited:

Alcs

WCA
2018BOUT01
Will the new update include ranking compatibility for other countries besides Canada? I live in the USA.
I did not finish Canadian rankings yet. It requires a lot of time. Although, in a few months, I might include USA or/and World rankings. Although, adding too many ranking could trigger unexpected crashes.

Last edited:

Alcs

WCA
2018BOUT01
Updates are delayed for many reasons:
1. Many errors are happening for various reasons
2. There are many new features that I am working on that simply does not work right now
3. Working on some type of function that will be able to optimize your solve after doing a reconstruction (will take months to finish)

Alcs

WCA
2018BOUT01
Can you please explain me how this sheet works??
Hey there, just to warn you this message is pretty long because there are many steps for the sheet to work.

So when clicking on the google sheets link, it will create a copy of my sheet. To use this sheet, you need a Google account.

I will give you a brief explanation of what every section of the sheet does.

When you open the sheet for the first time, you are granted with the "read me" section. You don't need to read it all because I will write the most important parts here. This project uses scripts for many features. There is a small blue section on top of the screen explaining how to activate scripts. Google will send you a security warning if you activate them but you can ignore those. My scripts will not affect your Google information. You can even verify by yourself if you understand JavaScripts.
Scripts on this project only works on a computer/laptop

Ok next: Move Counter
This one is important because it will affect the other sections on this spreadsheet.
Basically you solve 20 cubes but you need to count the number of moves for each solves and you write the move count for each solve in the green boxes. Once that is done, use the 'save values' button (requires script activation).

Tracker and Saved Data

Start by setting some goals in seconds for each step of CFOP or Roux in the top green section.
Using the multi-phase settings on CSTimer, you can time each step of your solves for 3x3 and see where you can improve. You can write the times you got for each step in the bottom section. If you followed the steps correctly in the last sheet, the sheet will predict the momes it took you for each step.
By clicking "Save data" on the right, it will send your times to the next sheet called "Saved data".

Sub X tracker and Sub X SData

Basically the same thing as the last 2 sheets, but instead of using multi-phase, you will set a time goal for the entire solve and whenever you break your Personal Best (PB), you will write it on the "Total time (seconds)" section of this page. Then click Save Data to send the solve to Sub X Tracked SData.

PB's and Rankings

This is the simplest and my favourite section of the sheet. You enter your PB's in the top left square, and it will instantly rank you in Canadian rankings. Some events do not work yet and PB's over 1 minute simply does not work.

mo10ao5s

This is my oldest section of the entire project. Some of the stuff I did there confuses me and I don't recommend you use it. If you really wanna use it, I recommend you watch the video from Kian Mansour explaining what it is and what it is for. The link is in this section of the sheet.

I am constantly working on this sheet and I really wanna make it easier to use since it is pretty complicated. I hope you manage to understand how my sheet works after this message.