• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing progression

Sammyjay

How long does it take to be
sub 10
Sub 15
Sub 20
I'm getting tired ...after three months I'm still averaging 22 seconds

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
How long does it take to be
sub 10
Sub 15
Sub 20
I'm getting tired ...after three months I'm still averaging 22 seconds
3 months? Hang in there pal, I started cubing circa 2008 and an just now getting to sub-30. It definitely takes a lot of work and dedication to improve once you're at that 30s and below mark.

With the limited info you've be provided it's hard to tell how to help. I'd encourage you to take an honest look at your solves and the solves of others to determine what your weaknesses are...we are all less proficient than we think we are. Find those weak areas and focus on deliberately improving that single aspect of your solves. Isolate the problem and eliminate it.

Just doing solves over and over again doesn lead to improvement. Eventually we have to put in a lot of hard work to break through a barrier/get over a plateau.

NevEr_QeyX

Yeah, it was the hardest IMO to reach sub 20 than any other milestone.

Sub 20: around 4 months (from the moment I learned to solve the cube)

Sub 15: 2 months after sub 20

Sub 10: 10 months after sub 15

Sub1Hour

I've been cubing for 2 years and I average around 12 on 3x3 but that's not as good of a gauge for me since I dont practice 3x3 all that much. My main event is square-1 and it took me about 1 year from learning how to solve square-1 to get sub 20 and around 6 months to get from sub 20 to around 11-12 (what I avg rn)

brododragon

I've been cubing for 2 years and I average around 12 on 3x3 but that's not as good of a gauge for me since I dont practice 3x3 all that much. My main event is square-1 and it took me about 1 year from learning how to solve square-1 to get sub 20 and around 6 months to get from sub 20 to around 11-12 (what I avg rn)
When you're faster at Squan than 3x3.

Sub1Hour

When you're faster at Squan than 3x3.
When you are proud to be faster at Squan than 3x3

The 3x3 competitive scene is far too saturated compared to square-1. I have a chance of getting wr100 by the end of 2020! I doubt that you could say that about 3x3 unless you have been practicing nonstop for years. Also, my nemesis count is very low because of squan.

brododragon

When you are proud to be faster at Squan than 3x3

The 3x3 competitive scene is far too saturated compared to square-1. I have a chance of getting wr100 by the end of 2020! I doubt that you could say that about 3x3 unless you have been practicing nonstop for years. Also, my nemesis count is very low because of squan.
Yeah, 3x3 is now kinda "do this in this way". My YLM squan is arriving soon and I'm real excited to get good with it.