• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KingCanyon

WCA
2015KIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've decided to post my updated goals on the Colorado Springs Winter 2020 competition. My goals are on the left and my ambitious ones are on the right

3x3: PR Average/Sub 13 Average, Sub 11 Single, Make Finals
4x4: Don't Fail/Sub 1 Single, Make Cutoff
5x5: Sub 2 Single/Make Cutoff, Sub 2 Average
6x6: Sub 4:30 Single/Make Cutoff
Skewb: Sub 10 Average/Sub 9 Average, PR Single
OH: Sub 30 Single, Make Cutoff/Sub 30 Average, Sub 28 Single

KingCanyon

WCA
2015KIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Did pretty well at the competition. These are my results.

3x3: Got a 13.4 PR average and a 10.43 PR average first round! Didn't do as well second round with a 14.43 average and sadly missed finals.

4x4: Did pretty bad, as I didn't make cutoff. Also, my results aren't entered in for some reason.

5x5: Got two sub 2's, a 1:59, and a 1:53 single, both PRs. I sadly didn't make cutoff though.

6x6: Got a 4:20 PR single which I'm happy with.

Skewb: Nice 8.89 PR Average

3x3 OH: Got a 29.58 PR average and a 28 PR single! Sadly, I missed out on finals by one spot.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Well that felt like another pretty good comp (minus the ridiculous issues that SpeedStacks is causing us with there timers and displays), but other then that all went well.

I just wanted to thank @weatherman223 for getting the competition held and all the time and work he put into getting the competition official. Also, huge thanks to Mitchel Lane for coming out to the competition to delegate it. Without you that was not possible.

Thank you everyone else as well for either your help with staffing, judging, and just showing up to the competition to compete. Seeing all the eager returners and first timers at these competitions motivates me to keep trying to host competition and watch everyone have a great time, even though I can't compete well at all myself, so thank you all for that.

I look forward to seeing all that are coming to the February competition, and in case you have not yet see there is another competition that was just announced this past Friday that is being held in Greeley, CO on March 28th. Info for that is here: https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/competitions/NorthernColoradoSpring2020

Yay got a 1.78 Skewb SR single and a 16.57 OH SR average!
Congrats once again all the SR's, and thank you (and your brother) very much for all you help at the competition. It was sincerely appreciated.

Did pretty well at the competition. These are my results.

3x3: Got a 13.4 PR average and a 10.43 PR average first round! Didn't do as well second round with a 14.43 average and sadly missed finals.

4x4: Did pretty bad, as I didn't make cutoff. Also, my results aren't entered in for some reason.

5x5: Got two sub 2's, a 1:59, and a 1:53 single, both PRs. I sadly didn't make cutoff though.

6x6: Got a 4:20 PR single which I'm happy with.

Skewb: Nice 8.89 PR Average

3x3 OH: Got a 29.58 PR average and a 28 PR single! Sadly, I missed out on finals by one spot.
Congrats on all your PR's. That is quite a few in one day. Thank you as well with all your help, it was much appreciated.

I do apologize for your 4x4 results not being entered. I will drop Mitch a email about that, and cc you on it. So hopefully we can get that fixed, and thank you for letting us know.

WCA
2019SICH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
the only things i care about are 3x3 and 3x3 oh but for 5x5 i got a overall pb of 2:10.98 and then for 3x3 i got a pr single of 10.33 first round also first round pr 13.something average second round got a 14 average i didnt make finals for skewb in first round i got a 6.something average and in finals i got bad first round was pr though oh i got sub 25 average first round second round i got not sub 30 then for 4x4 i dont honestly care

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Been a while since I updated y'all.

Less then 10 day's after registration for Northern Colorado Spring 2020 opens, we have completely filled up and started a waiting list. That is a bit insane, but really great to see.

A competition was just announced today that is being held in Colorado Springs, on April 25th, 2020 and it is called Pikes Peak Big and Blind, and by the name the events are 5x5-7x7, 3x3-5x5 BLD and 3x3 MBLD. This is the first time that a competition like this has been held in Colorado. Registration for this competition opens this upcoming Thursday (January 30th) at 5:00pm MST or 12:00am UTC. https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/competitions/PikesPeakBigandBlind2020

There is also a competition being planned for July 11th that will be held in Dillon, CO and that one should be announced very soon...despite it being several months away.

I know that there are several other competitions in the works/planning, but those still need some work before we can for sure announce anything.

KingCanyon

WCA
2015KIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sadly I won't be able to go to the comp in Greeley because my parents said it was too far, but I will be going to the February one. Also, I most likely won't be able to go to the blind competition because I have a track meet :(. However, I do look forward to go to the June one and maybe the July one depending on certain circumstances. anyway, it is exciting seeing the Colorado cubing community grow and I look forward to going to more of these competitions and improving.

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Awesome. The one I am organizing in Dillon (July 11th) will have 75 competitors and will have 3x3, 4x4, Pyraminx, OH, 3BLD, Redi Cube, and the main event, Square-1! Just thought I’d share a bit of info on that. It will probably be announced very soon, but I might wait until the may comp is announced first.