• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KingCanyon

WCA
2015KIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself to this group. I'm Ryan and have been cubing for five years. I have been to 7 Colorado competitions since 2015. I sadly can not go to Denver Back to School because I am on the waiting list. I am looking forward to the upcoming competition in November organized by Tristan and Zachary. Do you all have any other information about that competition? I know the events will probably be 2,3,7, skewb, pyraminx, and megaminx. It should be fun. I was also wondering if a possible PBQ competition will take place because I want to get a BLD success and possible 4BLD success once I learn it. Anyway, I appreciate you all organizing these competitions and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help a competition run smoother.

KingCanyon

WCA
2015KIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was wondering Tristan if we will have a PBQ competition soon in Colorado. I know a while back that you said you wanted to have one, so do you have any progress on that? Also, if you have any other updates that you are aware of on upcoming Colorado competitions please let me know. Thanks!

TheCube4226

WCA
2018SEGA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself to this group. I'm Ryan and have been cubing for five years. I have been to 7 Colorado competitions since 2015. I sadly can not go to Denver Back to School because I am on the waiting list. I am looking forward to the upcoming competition in November organized by Tristan and Zachary. Do you all have any other information about that competition? I know the events will probably be 2,3,7, skewb, pyraminx, and megaminx. It should be fun. I was also wondering if a possible PBQ competition will take place because I want to get a BLD success and possible 4BLD success once I learn it. Anyway, I appreciate you all organizing these competitions and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help a competition run smoother.

Hi! I live in Centennial and I've been cubing for almost 2 years. I'm in the middle of my 4th comp right now. I'm sub-14 on 3x3

KingCanyon

WCA
2015KIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congrats to all the Colorado cubers who competed at CubingUsa Nationals 2019. Some state records included Dylan Hughlett's 3:09 7x7 mean, Jordan Mosakowski's 16.87 OH average, and also his 3:02 SR 7x7 single! Also, congrats to Brayden Wroten with his 9.77 3x3 average which I think puts him at the fifth person in Colorado to have a sub 10 official average.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hi! I live in Centennial and I've been cubing for almost 2 years. I'm in the middle of my 4th comp right now. I'm sub-14 on 3x3
I was wondering Tristan if we will have a PBQ competition soon in Colorado. I know a while back that you said you wanted to have one, so do you have any progress on that? Also, if you have any other updates that you are aware of on upcoming Colorado competitions please let me know. Thanks!
Welcome to this thread @KingCanyon and @TheCube4226. It is nice to meet some other Colorado cubers here on the forums. Also, my apologies for the delay in saying hi and responding to you @KingCanyon about your questions.

With that being said, for the November comp, Zac and I have a tentative schedule and I will be emailing AJ soon to give him all the info for the comp, and that I am waiting to do until I hear from Zac about the venue (which we will most likely have) but I wanted to make sure of before I email AJ.

In regards to the PBQ comp, I believe Zac will be mostly in charge of that comp, and from what I have have heard he is planning that comp for early December. Once I have some more info on that I will be sure to post that here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help answer for either of you, and I will be sure to get back to you sooner then this last time.

Edit: Nice job @TheCube4226 on you 3x3 PB. Well done.

KingCanyon

WCA
2015KIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the response! I really appreciate your and Zac's determination in getting these Colorado competitions organized. Also thanks for the updates and please let me know if I can do anything to help the competitions run better.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Just so any who are interested, Zac and I have all the details for the November comp finalized and I am just waiting to hear back from AJ (the delegate) to get him to look over everything that I sent him last week and once I hear back from him we can hopefully get the website posted on the WCA page.

After that we are looking at hosting the PBQ comp, and that should be late November/early December. And once those are over I am hoping to get a competition for February organized, especially since Colorado has a lot of interest in competitions now, I (and the other organizers) are trying to host as many as possible. The only drawback/delay in organizing the comps is that the delegate is not always available, so we will try our best to do what we can.

KingCanyon

WCA
2015KIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice job everyone at Denver Back to School 2019! I unfortunately couldn't make it, but saw the results on cubecomps. Some state records included a 2.82 average by Dylan Hughlett, a quick 31.96 average and 28.57 single by Jack Ryan (This competition had 3 sub 30 4x4 solves from Colorado. Previously there were none), a 58.70 3x3 WF average and 50.57 single by Logan Day-Richter, a 4.08 Pyraminx average also by Logan-Day Ritcher, a 2.42 Pyraminx single by AJ Blair, and last but not least, a 2.13 SR skewb single by Brayden Wroten.

This completion also saw the fourth person with a sub 9 3x3 average, Jack Ryan. He got 8.96 in the 2nd round, so congrats to him.

I hope you all had an awesome time at the competition, and hope to see you all at future comps!

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
So I just realized that I have not updated in a bit, but I guess that it is okay since I unfortunately do not have almost anything new to say since I am still waiting to hear back from the delegate in response to getting the competition officially announced on the WCA website...which I really want to get up soon since we will only be able to have the registration open for around 1 month. The delegate did say everything is good for the comp and that he can make it (hence why I am still planning everything) but if I do not hear back from him within the next few days/week, then I am not positive what to do and I may have to delay the comp. I really hope that, that does not happen, but we shall see.

Additionally, I have decided to change doing Skewb to 4x4 since we have had Skewb quite a bit in recent comps and 4x4 would be a nice substitute. We will also be having t-shirts for this comp so yo can plan on that if you are interested and if I can post the designs here once I have the final design then I will do so (and they will of course be on the comp website, once that is up).