• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
See y'all at colorado qualifier! It'll be my first competition (lol), excited to see how it turns out!
Yeah, Ill be there too. Should be fun, Im really hoping for good pyra times.
Trust me, if this is anything like last year, it'll be a blast. Just take it easy and have fun.
Glad to hear that you all can make it and will be there. I look forward to seeing you all there, and best of luck with your goals.

Nice! I think that is during a campout that weekend, but will potentially be able to make it.
That will be great and cool if you can make it and are here for the comp. When will you know if you can make it or not?...if you do not mind me asking.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
To be completely honest, I wasn’t expecting only 5 registrations the first night lol, let’s get these numbers up!
Lol, I think some people are going to wait until after the May comp to see what there schedule looks like. If however we stay at 5 people podiuming will not be super hard, haha. I am sure that within the next few weeks it will fill up some.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Lol, I think some people are going to wait until after the May comp to see what there schedule looks like. If however we stay at 5 people podiuming will not be super hard, haha. I am sure that within the next few weeks it will fill up some.

Yeah I’m not worried at all, haha

What I am worried about is stripe not paying the funds to my bank account in some way, as its wanting me to put in a picture of an ID, but I don’t think that’s needed.

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I had a great time at the competition! I made the second round in 3x3 and finals in pyra. Great scrambles for second round Pyra, got a 4.02 on the last one. I also got a pr and my first official sub 20 on 3x3 with a nineteen-second solve. Thanks to everyone who helped, especially Calvin, AJ, and Jordan.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I had a great time at the competition! I made the second round in 3x3 and finals in pyra. Great scrambles for second round Pyra, got a 4.02 on the last one. I also got a pr and my first official sub 20 on 3x3 with a nineteen-second solve. Thanks to everyone who helped, especially Calvin, AJ, and Jordan.
Nice job on getting your Pb's Pr's etc. and it was great seeing you there as well.

The competition was a lot of fun and thanks to everyone that helped out with everything.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
How did you do on 4x4 BLD?
Not great. Memo went pretty fast, but the solving part was where it went wrong. I had centers done and wings mostly done, but I forgot the last part to the parity alg which threw me off, and therefore I messed corners up. Need to practice some more now and hopefully this fall or so I can get a success. Thanks for asking:)

In regards to the other BLD events;
3x3 MBLD I was so close to having a 2/4 but I flipped a corner wrong on two of the cubes, one I completely messed up and the 4th I forgot to even start solving LOL!
3x3 BLD, 1st solve not sure what happened, 2nd solve could not feel (and therefore could not remember) if I undid a D set up move, (which I guess I did not do), and 3rd solve was off by a misplaced corner.
5x5 BLD...well let just say that Memo was solid but execution was terrible. I guess that's what happens when it is almost impossible to feel the midge and wing turns:(

Now I just need to practice some different ways of turning and will go for success next time. All in all though it was still a lot of fun, especially since I got to do all 18 events:)

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I could not make it to the comp today, just got home from a summer camp, but would love to hear how it went. I can now consistently succeed under 10 minutes on 3x3 BLD, so I am excited for another competition with BLD events. For now, I will just have to practice for Denver back to school, it would be great (also unrealistic) to get a sub-20 average. I am currently averaging 22 secs. Can't wait to hear the results of pikes peak, though!

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I could not make it to the comp today, just got home from a summer camp, but would love to hear how it went. I can now consistently succeed under 10 minutes on 3x3 BLD, so I am excited for another competition with BLD events. For now, I will just have to practice for Denver back to school, it would be great (also unrealistic) to get a sub-20 average. I am currently averaging 22 secs. Can't wait to hear the results of pikes peak, though!
Sorry about the delay in responding to your post @PingPongCuber, but the comp went great and was really fun despite the fact that I DNF'ed my Skewb results in the finals, LOL. O'well maybe next time I will do better. I think everyone else had a great time and thanks again to @weatherman223 for organizing it and AJ for delegating it.

In regards to Colorado comp, I am planning on a November comp (most likely the 9th, and it will be co-organized with Zac) and that will most likely be held at the same venue that Pikes Peak was held at (due to some recent issues with the venue that I was going to use). We hopefully should have some more info on that soon.

Nice job @PingPongCuber on your BLD times and hopefully you will get the sub 20 average in a couple of months.

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for trying to organize another competition, I really enjoy them. If it is possible to have 3x3 BLD as an event, I would appreciate it as I am very eager to get an official time. Im glad to hear that Pikes Peak was a success, wish I could have gone.