• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Tristan, I am going to the springs competition in March, and my mom wants to be a runner. Do we have to apply for that or can she just volunteer on the spot?
Hey @PingPongCuber, well it looks like @weatherman223 got to you before me (thank you for that @weatherman223) and he is right in that I will be needing judges over runners for the March competition, and although it is not because I asked my siblings to do the running, but since I am dragging them to the competition to help, some of them like running better and I let them pick that:), but we will for sure be needing plenty of judges for the day, and my thought for that is instead of creating a staff list, I will just be asking on the day of the competition for help from all as it is needed, since last time I had a staff list not everyone stuck with there duty's and therefore I will be having this competition on completely volunteer bases (especially since the competition I was just at in Ohio was all volunteer based for the day and that seemed to work really well).

In regards to Colorado having more comps/people getting to compete more regularly, I say that we should all move to/near the Ohio area for more comps, since I will be going to more comps in less then a month here then I have within 6 months in Colorado LOL!!:p

In all seriousness though I am really hoping to personally host 2 more comps in Colorado this year after the March comp, and I have ideas for both of them (one being a PBQ and the other being something else...), especially since I have a large waiting list going for the March competition, and I am really seeing now how much cubing is growing, so therefore I really want to have more Colorado comps. That is also assuming that I can get a delegate for each comp, and since that has been a bit hard at times, I am not sure how that will work out, but hopefully by then (that is with in the next 4 months) we can get/have more then one Colorado delegate.

But if I can have another comp or two as well as @weatherman223 having his and Jorden's in May, then hopefully that will do for this year, although I will still really try to do more then that in any way I can, if I can.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Hey @PingPongCuber, well it looks like @weatherman223 got to you before me (thank you for that @weatherman223) and he is right in that I will be needing judges over runners for the March competition, and although it is not because I asked my siblings to do the running, but since I am dragging them to the competition to help, some of them like running better and I let them pick that:), but we will for sure be needing plenty of judges for the day, and my thought for that is instead of creating a staff list, I will just be asking on the day of the competition for help from all as it is needed, since last time I had a staff list not everyone stuck with there duty's and therefore I will be having this competition on completely volunteer bases (especially since the competition I was just at in Ohio was all volunteer based for the day and that seemed to work really well).

In regards to Colorado having more comps/people getting to compete more regularly, I say that we should all move to/near the Ohio area for more comps, since I will be going to more comps in less then a month here then I have within 6 months in Colorado LOL!!:p

In all seriousness though I am really hoping to personally host 2 more comps in Colorado this year after the March comp, and I have ideas for both of them (one being a PBQ and the other being something else...), especially since I have a large waiting list going for the March competition, and I am really seeing now how much cubing is growing, so therefore I really want to have more Colorado comps. That is also assuming that I can get a delegate for each comp, and since that has been a bit hard at times, I am not sure how that will work out, but hopefully by then (that is with in the next 4 months) we can get/have more then one Colorado delegate.

But if I can have another comp or two as well as @weatherman223 having his and Jorden's in May, then hopefully that will do for this year, although I will still really try to do more then that in any way I can, if I can.

I was actually going to try a PBQ competition as well, but honestly, you’re a better organizer, haha!

I have a picture of a potential venue for the comp, however I cannot get it to load. To describe it, it’s a fairly large lecture hall.

As well, Tristan, have you been able to contact AJ lately? He hasn’t responded to me in over a week. If so can you tell him to check his WCA email?

(Also, at the top of your waiting list is probably a friend Logan, he didn’t realize that you had to pay for these competitions so he didn’t pay his fee in time, haha, and Edit: He will be coming as a spectator and will help volunteer by judging)

Last edited:

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I was actually going to try a PBQ competition as well, but honestly, you’re a better organizer, haha!

I have a picture of a potential venue for the comp, however I cannot get it to load. To describe it, it’s a fairly large lecture hall.
That is great, and I think that eventually if we could have 2 PBQ comps in Colorado in one year would be cool. Are you planning on one still or not?

As well, Tristan, have you been able to contact AJ lately? He hasn’t responded to me in over a week. If so can you tell him to check his WCA email?
I will drop him a quick message soon (or maybe tomorrow morning). Sorry to hear about the slow/no response.

(Also, at the top of your waiting list is probably a friend Logan, he didn’t realize that you had to pay for these competitions so he didn’t pay his fee in time, haha)
So he (Logan) is on the waiting list, and if he were to pay soon he will be placed 14th on the list since it is arranged in the order of who paid first, and since we have reached the competitor limit (two weeks ago) I have 24 people on the waiting list (but only 14 that have paid).

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
That is great, and I think that eventually if we could have 2 PBQ comps in Colorado in one year would be cool. Are you planning on one still or not?

I will drop him a quick message soon (or maybe tomorrow morning). Sorry to hear about the slow/no response.

So he (Logan) is on the waiting list, and if he were to pay soon he will be placed 14th on the list since it is arranged in the order of who paid first, and since we have reached the competitor limit (two weeks ago) I have 24 people on the waiting list (but only 14 that have paid).

If Pikes Peak 2019 works out, yes, in late August is when I plan on it.

We could also try to collaborate on this competition as well, and possibly other competitions in the future!

I told my friend about it, he is a bit disappointed, but Is still excited to possibly spectate!

Thank you for sending him a message!

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Addition to last post. If all goes well, the two day Denver competition should be announced next week, around the 22nd is the projected date.
Any updates @weatherman223? I have about 30+ people on the waiting list for my comp, and I know that they would love to see a local competition soon, haha! Actually I am asking myself out of curiosity. Thanks

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Any updates @weatherman223? I have about 30+ people on the waiting list for my comp, and I know that they would love to see a local competition soon, haha! Actually I am asking myself out of curiosity. Thanks

No response from AJ in a week - No updates really, he responded to me and I sent him the schedule.

Now using 6 foot tables with chairs similar to the ones at Coach Pigeon 2018, which are a bit low and have dips, which means to get the best height you need to sit at the edge a bit, but for big cubes it shouldn’t be a problem as it’s really easy to go under the table now haha.

If he gives me the go, I’ll get the venue submitted and get some stuff signed, and if everything goes right, it should be announced in mid-late March. Jordan’s will be announced in March too I think.

Date is June 22, which is the same weekend as Western Championships.

Edit: Jordan’s competition will be announced in 3 weeks most likely

Last edited:

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
No response from AJ in a week - No updates really, he responded to me and I sent him the schedule.

Now using 6 foot tables with chairs similar to the ones at Coach Pigeon 2018, which are a bit low and have dips, which means to get the best height you need to sit at the edge a bit, but for big cubes it shouldn’t be a problem as it’s really easy to go under the table now haha.

If he gives me the go, I’ll get the venue submitted and get some stuff signed, and if everything goes right, it should be announced in mid-late March. Jordan’s will be announced in March too I think.

Date is June 22, which is the same weekend as Western Championships.

Edit: Jordan’s competition will be announced in 3 weeks most likely
Thanks for the updates on everything. I hope that you hear from AJ soon, and I look forward to seeing the comps listed on the WCA website...eventually.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Thanks for the updates on everything. I hope that you hear from AJ soon, and I look forward to seeing the comps listed on the WCA website...eventually.

Well good news, he responded yesterday and I got the go to submit the venue! If we have school tomorrow, I’ll submit it and then I can start getting some details with AJ.

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am going to the Springs one in March. I am signed up for Sq1 and Megaminx. I can make the time limit for both events, but the cutoff could be a problem. For megaminx, it is 2:30, and that would be a PB for me. I average 3:30. For sq1 it is 45.00. Not many of my solves are that low, as I average a bit above 50, but it is doable. Should I drop out of any events, or should I do at least two solves for those events?

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Denver Back To School 2019 will be held August 31 2019 in Denver Colorado

https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/competitions/DenverBacktoSchool2019
Thanks for posting the comp @weatherman223. I am looking forward to it (which I should be able to go to).

I am going to the Springs one in March. I am signed up for Sq1 and Megaminx. I can make the time limit for both events, but the cutoff could be a problem. For megaminx, it is 2:30, and that would be a PB for me. I average 3:30. For sq1 it is 45.00. Not many of my solves are that low, as I average a bit above 50, but it is doable. Should I drop out of any events, or should I do at least two solves for those events?
I do recommend that you compete in which ever events you would like to, even if you do not make cutoff. It is still fun to at least do a couple of solves rather then none I think, but if you just want to focus on the other events then I will be more then happy to edit your event list for you, but that is up to you and unless I hear other wise I will leave it.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Good luck everyone tomorrow! Gonna be a bit snowy looks like, factor that into the commute haha. Can’t be there but I hope everyone does well!
Thanks @weatherman223. Wish you could be there.
Personally I am only going for/care about getting a 4x4 BLD single. Although I have not said much recently about my accomplishments (just do to being really busy and not feeling up to typing more then I have to, due to my hand being difficult;)) but I have done about 5 4x4 BLD attempts everyday for the past week and have gotten several success (on average 12-15 minutes have been almost all the attempts), and so therefore I really hope for one tomorrow...plus someone needs to podium with @CarterK ;)

Additionally, Jordan just told me that he has gotten the correct permits for his May comp venue and it should be announced on the WCA page soon. He will also be making an announcement about that tomorrow at the comp.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Thanks @weatherman223. Wish you could be there.
Personally I am only going for/care about getting a 4x4 BLD single. Although I have not said much recently about my accomplishments (just do to being really busy and not feeling up to typing more then I have to, due to my hand being difficult;)) but I have done about 5 4x4 BLD attempts everyday for the past week and have gotten several success (on average 12-15 minutes have been almost all the attempts), and so therefore I really hope for one tomorrow...plus someone needs to podium with @CarterK ;)

Additionally, Jordan just told me that he has gotten the correct permits for his May comp venue and it should be announced on the WCA page soon. He will also be making an announcement about that tomorrow at the comp.

Awesome! Good luck with the 4bld, we all are hoping you can score one!

That’s awesome news as well! Can’t wait!