• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
D

Deleted member 19792

I'm at USAFA. I'll try to get a comp here soon.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hello,

Almost one year bump. Seeing as I just joined the forums, I figured that I should see if I could get the thread going again. I live in Monument CO, and I would like to see if we could keep this thread going pretty consistently by sharing thing about each other. That is if anybody would like to do that.

Question to start this off: Are you planning on attending and competing at US Nationals 2018, and if so what event(s) are you hoping to do best at? I am going and I would like to make the second or third round of Pyraminx, Skewb, 2x2, and Square 1. At least 2 out of 4 of those events.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hey, any talk of comps coming up.
Well Yes and No.
There is a friend of mine that is trying to get a two day competition held with his father for July 16-17 in I believe Castle Rock, CO but they have been unable to get in contact with one of the Delegates for Colorado (Daniel Hayes, and AJ Blair). I know that they have all the events, cutoff times, schedule, etc. ready but unless they get a Delegate they are unable to host the competition. I myself have tried as well to contact Daniel, since I worked with him back in November 2017 for the competition that I hosted, but I have yet to hear anything back from him as well, and so I can not know if he can delegate the competition. I hope that they do end up having the competition, but for now we have to wait and see.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Well Yes and No.
There is a friend of mine that is trying to get a two day competition held with his father for July 16-17 in I believe Castle Rock, CO but they have been unable to get in contact with one of the Delegates for Colorado (Daniel Hayes, and AJ Blair). I know that they have all the events, cutoff times, schedule, etc. ready but unless they get a Delegate they are unable to host the competition. I myself have tried as well to contact Daniel, since I worked with him back in November 2017 for the competition that I hosted, but I have yet to hear anything back from him as well, and so I can not know if he can delegate the competition. I hope that they do end up having the competition, but for now we have to wait and see.

That's actually really good to know! Thanks!

I think there's also rumor that there might be a comp in broomfield, not sure about the details.

(ps i still need that tshirt haha)

Edit
To the above question, I'll also be attending nats, doing 2, 3, pyra and skewb. Hoping i can make R2 of 3, 2 and Skewb. I also am hoping for a competition on either a saturday in may or a sunday in june, as i need to qualify for more events.

Edit 2: Yeah there is speak of a comp in boulder may 26-27

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
That's actually really good to know! Thanks!

I think there's also rumor that there might be a comp in broomfield, not sure about the details.

(ps i still need that tshirt haha)

Edit
To the above question, I'll also be attending nats, doing 2, 3, pyra and skewb. Hoping i can make R2 of 3, 2 and Skewb.

I also am hoping for a competition on either a saturday in may or a sunday in june, as i need to qualify for more events.
There might be more information regarding competitions in Colorado on the MileHighSpeedcubing Facebook page. I do not have Facebook, so I do not know what is going on, on the page. But if you have a Facebook account you can check it out.

Now regarding your T-shirt. I have sent your father 4 emails since November tellng him that I have the shirt ready for pick up, since he told me that you live locally and that you or he was going to pick it up, and he also told me that he will let me know when he is up our way. So if you want your shirt please let me know if you are up our way. I can ship it to you as well but when I originally sent the invoices out for the shirt your father said that instead of me charging him for shipping he would pick up the shirt. Long Story Short: "If you want the shirt, get the dad":D

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
There might be more information regarding competitions in Colorado on the MileHighSpeedcubing Facebook page. I do not have Facebook, so I do not know what is going on, on the page. But if you have a Facebook account you can check it out.

Now regarding your T-shirt. I have sent your father 4 emails since November tellng him that I have the shirt ready for pick up, since he told me that you live locally and that you or he was going to pick it up, and he also told me that he will let me know when he is up our way. So if you want your shirt please let me know if you are up our way. I can ship it to you as well but when I originally sent the invoices out for the shirt your father said that instead of me charging him for shipping he would pick up the shirt. Long Story Short: "If you want the shirt, get the dad":D

Cool.

We haven’t been able to run multiple errands in the monument area for awhile, so that’s why.

I’ll be up there Wednesday for an extra curricular activity. I’ll see if my dad can contact you. Thanks!

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Cool.

We haven’t been able to run multiple errands in the monument area for awhile, so that’s why.

I’ll be up there Wednesday for an extra curricular activity. I’ll see if my dad can contact you. Thanks!
That sound great. I assume that you are talking about tomorrow (March 7) when you said Wednesday, correct? If that is the case then I will be available most any time in the day exept for in the evening although I can work something out if that is the only time that works for you. Your dad has my email, so if he has any questions or for my address he can contact me thorough that. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I am sorry that it has taken a while for you to get your shirt.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
That sound great. I assume that you are talking about tomorrow (March 7) when you said Wednesday, correct? If that is the case then I will be available most any time in the day exept for in the evening although I can work something out if that is the only time that works for you. Your dad has my email, so if he has any questions or for my address he can contact me thorough that. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I am sorry that it has taken a while for you to get your shirt.

Yeah, I’ll be up there around 6-6:30ish, that’s the only time that works for me right now.

Thanks for doing this! Glad I could find you.