• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

BradyCubes08

WCA
2018WROT01
I’ll do mine:

2x2: finish EG 1 before the comp, sub 2.5 average

3x3: hopefully PR (sub 9.7) average sub 8 single

clock: don’t embarrass myself, sub 17 average

Square 1: sub 13 average, don’t get 5/5 parities

Pyra: Sub 4.5 average, sub 3.5 single

Bld: beat Sam, sub 1:05

other goals: podium in at least 2 events, continue PR streak

alyzsnyzs

Hyped for olde town parker tomorrow! I've been inactive on this thread for a while, so I thought I'd post my goals here:
2x2: sub-4 average would be nice, don't really care about 2x2
3x3: would like sub-11.5 avg, maybe sub-9 single if I go crazy
3bld: just a success would be nice, not looking for much more
Clock: been practicing this one a lot, sr avg would be cool, hopefully I can win
Sq1: I'd just like to podium, don't care about actual times a ton
Pyra: maybe pr, don't care about this event either

KingCanyon

WCA
2015KIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Olde Town Parker was a fun competition. I got to meet some new people and set some PRs. Here is a review of the events.

3x3: R1: 14.99 average, Pretty bad average due to nerves and bad scrambles.
R2: 13.67 average: This was a decent average, but I was looking for something a bit better. No 3x3 PRs this competition and I missed out on finals by 2 places.

2x2: R1: 3.60 PR Average, 2.69 PR Single, This was an absolutely fantastic average for me. Every solve had pretty good scrambles and good executions besides the 7. I am also happy about the 2.
R2: 4.65 Average, Pretty okay average for me. The counting 5 did not help, but it did secure a spot in finals.
R3: 4.84 Average, This was a bad average for me. I wasted the 3.2 at the start and ended with two 5s. Hopefully I can be sub 4 globally at 2x2 in the future.

3BLD: R1: DNF Average, On the first solve I got a 4:24, but forgot one corner during memo. On the 2nd solve, I forgot one letter pair during execution. Lastly, the third solve was a train wreck with 4 flipped edges. I am quite sad about how this went, especially the first two solves.

Pyraminx: R1: 10.63 Average, I do not practice pyraminx that much, so this was expected. I plus 2ed an 8, so that was not good.

Clock: R1: 25.63 PR Average, 20.53 PR Single, Great results in clock! The single in an overall PB and the average may be as well. I used a better clock for the average, so that is a big factor in this result.

Overall, Olde Town Parker was not my best competition, but I still got 4 PRs and almost 5. My best result would have to be my 3.60 2x2 Average. I was not expecting that. I will try and work to become faster for next time in some events.

alyzsnyzs

Pretty decent comp overall I'd say. 3bld success (albeit in the first round only), decent clock average, finally a sub-4 2x2 ao5, couple of sub-10 3x3 singles, and uh, well, some motivation to practice sq1 more, heh. Excited for some of these upcoming comps, and I hope to have some more fun with y'all in future times.

BradyCubes08

WCA
2018WROT01
OTP recap

2x2: Goal sub 3 I got a 2.88 average in round 2 but +2ed out of 2.3x average in finals :(((

3x3: Goal sub 10 average 10.01, 10.08, and 10.11 WHYYYYYYY

BLD: Goal sub 1:10 single 59.96 overall PB and SR :) and a 1:13 mean so thats cool too.

Pyra: Goal sub 4.5 4.2 average in finals so yay.

Clock: Goal sub 17 Double DNF'd 2 15s at the start sooooo

Squan: Goal sub 15 16.53 average in finals with 4/5 parities and 20.88 average (with a counting 28 because of a DNF) with 5/5 parities

Pretty good comp except for 2 and 3 lol

Duncan Bannon

Goals for Olde Town Parker I suppose!

2x2 - 2/3 of the rounds be sub 3 - Win the comp
3x3 - Sub 14 average - Make finals
Blind - Sub 3:30 single - Use M2
Clock - Sub 14 average - Podium - SR single
Pyra - Compete
Sq1 - Compete

2x2 - 3/3 were sub 3 - Won
3x3 - Yes, Yes
Blind - Off by 9 seconds. Very happy with it!
Clock - Close, No, No
Pyra - Yes
Sq1 - No

Overall, very very good comp for results, super happy with 2x2. Massive thank you to Tristan Steeves, Sam Koch, and Bradley Sampson for organizing! They did an awesome job keeping everything on track.

BradyCubes08

WCA
2018WROT01
I'm going to follow the trend:

2x2: sub 2.3 average, win

3x3: sub 9 average, podium in on of the rounds

4x4: sub 38 average, sub 35 single, podium

Megaminx: sub 1:10 average, sub 1:00 single, podium

Skewb: sub 3 average finally, sub 1.78 single, win

Pyraminx: sub 4 average, sub 2.5 single, podium.

Other goals: have fun and don't fail easy scrambles

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
As some of you already know, we have unfortunately have decided to cancel Northern Colorado Spring 2020, due to the Covid-19 going on right now.

We will look at a future date if possible, but that is not guaranteed at the moment.

Please stay safe and healthy, and we look forward to seeing you at future competitions.

WCA
2019SICH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As some of you already know, we have unfortunately have decided to cancel Northern Colorado Spring 2020, due to the Covid-19 going on right now.

We will look at a future date if possible, but that is not guaranteed at the moment.

Please stay safe and healthy, and we look forward to seeing you at future competitions.
do you think this will affect competitions such as wetern champs,bignblind.and summit cube day(my small school got cancelled so if the outbreak is still there it is probably likely they will get cancelled in my opinion i am not authority though so i dont know)

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
do you think this will affect competitions such as wetern champs,bignblind.and summit cube day(my small school got cancelled so if the outbreak is still there it is probably likely they will get cancelled in my opinion i am not authority though so i dont know)

I think we are looking into postponing big and blind, but I don’t think we have thought about other individual comps yet.